LAX 717 Displacement

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 9
Go to
Quote: Just to check... because the LAX 320 category is a new category, anyone can bid it, even those who are currently seat locked. Did I get that right? Thanks!
You are correct.
Quote: This isn't correct based upon the exception to 22.E.1 which is further discussed in the middle of page 107 of the Scheduling Reference Handbook. "In other words, a pilot's MD [or VD] assignment...into a category will supersede a more senior pilot's AE bid to that category.
Thanks for clarifying this point. I should have contained my remarks to the newly created LAX 320 category. The LAX 320 vacancies could fill up via AE forcing junior 717 MDs into a secondary choice. Just because they have more 320 vacancies than 717 displacements doesn't mean every LAX 717 pilot has a guaranteed path into the LAX 320. There are no pilots to displace from LAX 320, therefore 22.E.1 wouldn't apply. MDs into existing categories would have priority over an AE as FL370esq points out.

As a side note, what about the 15 displacements from LAX 777 B. They don't have a home in ATL and will be forced into training. It could be a free pass to try out the left seat without a freeze. They are also senior the the bottom 717As. One way or another, they are looking at French lessons if they want similar pay. 350B, 330B or maybe try out 320A...
Quote: We are closing the LAX 717 category and moving the aircraft to ATL. We/they are opening an A320 category in LAX though which should absorb most or all of the 717 pilots so it shouldn’t cause too much pain out west.
Oh ok. Is the number of 717 LAX displacements at least equal to or less than the number of new vacancy openings for 320 LAX?
Quote: Oh ok. Is the number of 717 LAX displacements at least equal to or less than the number of new vacancy openings for 320 LAX?
Less

Filler
Quote: Less

Filler
Wrong,,,displacing 95 B717 and adding 100 A320.
Quote: Wrong,,,displacing 95 B717 and adding 100 A320.
Really? Try reading his question again.
Quote: Really?

Filler
Yup

Quote: Yup

I am aware... above applies to you too.
Quote: As a side note, what about the 15 displacements from LAX 777 B. They don't have a home in ATL and will be forced into training. It could be a free pass to try out the left seat without a freeze. They are also senior the the bottom 717As. One way or another, they are looking at French lessons if they want similar pay. 350B, 330B or maybe try out 320A...
I will bet, with all the vacancies above them, no one gets displaced from the LAX 777B.
I haven’t talked to a single 717A that is going to displace to the 73N. I’m sure there are a few, but if I were a junior LAX73NA, I wouldn’t be too worried.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 9
Go to