Boston strong

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
https://news.delta.com/new-paths-acr...-york-jfk-2020

Heard we are going after jEt bLue in Boston. It’s rumored that jblu will announce ETOPS service over the pond soon....
Wonder if it will be scope compliant?
Quote: https://news.delta.com/new-paths-acr...-york-jfk-2020

Heard we are going after jEt bLue in Boston. It’s rumored that jblu will announce ETOPS service over the pond soon....
I think JetBlue is the reason for the Boston - London/Gatwick service. We dropped Gatwick years ago because business travelers didn't like it.. but inexpensive fares love it...
Quote: I think JetBlue is the reason for the Boston - London/Gatwick service. We dropped Gatwick years ago because business travelers didn't like it.. but inexpensive fares love it...
Agree. Rumor is JeTBlUe is going to attempt translant svc in 321LR’s. I could see that being difficult for them. It’ll be a big fight by all carriers on both sides of the pond. Boston domestic is already under full siege by Delta. I’ve heard where we are growing Boston for a reason.
Quote: https://news.delta.com/new-paths-acr...-york-jfk-2020

I couldn’t tell from the article if it’ll be on our equipment or VA...
Quote: I couldn’t tell from the article if it’ll be on our equipment or VA...
Delta says mixed.
Quote: Agree. Rumor is JeTBlUe is going to attempt translant svc in 321LR’s. I could see that being difficult for them. It’ll be a big fight by all carriers on both sides of the pond. Boston domestic is already under full siege by Delta. I’ve heard where we are growing Boston for a reason.

Yes and what a fine siege it is.
You are correct 321lrs across the pond. It’s a fairly safe bet we aren’t talking 330s ot anything. Europe especially London is one of the top destinations we are missing and with the plane and the location of JFK and BOS it should do just fine.

It will be a mint (our business class) heavy plane so that will be the big focus.

What you will need to continue the “siege” is more gates. Even after SWA leaves you will be gate limited.
Never understood why they closed it in the first place, certainly plenty of biz. More like burr under the saddle thing. (Ref. DFW)
The Boston market is hopping. In the last several years there has been a dramatic expansion of international service. El Al, Qatar, Emirates, Cathay Pacific, TAP, Copa, Ice Air, Hainan, Avianca SAS, Latam, TACV, Norwegian Air Shuttle and Turkish have all started service into Logan. They join the cast of regulars like Air France, BA, JAL, Lufthansa, Iberia, etc. Terminal E, which used to be sleepy hollow is jam packed at certain times of the day. BOS even has two airlines that will fly you direct to the Azores. It had Ice Air and WOW both providing service to KEF.

Toss in the Delta international expansion and there has multifold increase in city pairs that are connected at Logan.

As a long time commuter, it's gratifying to see the company expand, I just wish that Network hadn't ignored the market for so many years. They said they were happy to let JB grow in BOS as long as they weren't growing at JFK. Seems like we might have been able to do both at the same time.

Gate space will be a problem, hopefully a decrease in RJ seats and an increase in mainline flights will follow. Maybe Delta will be able to utilize the customs and immigration facility that was supposedly built under Terminal A for some of our international operations. I flew the inaugural to DUB 2 years ago and this summer the flight upgrades to year round service on a 767. LIS starts on a 75, while TAP is flying the route on a 330, not sure how that will work out.

The BOS marketing guys at the DUB inaugural talked about future service to Rome and Frankfurt. I pointed out that it took them 31 years into my career to connect the second largest Irish population in the US with the home country. They blamed that on Mecca!

I hear that slots may be one of the biggest issues for JB, or any other airline trying to get into many of the more popular European airports.

Now if Network could use less of a mix of our expansive collections of aircraft, Crew Resources could reestablish a pilot base just in time for my retirement flight.
Low Cost Long Haul has been tried many many times and the battlefield is littered with the blood of deceased carriers, most recently WOW. Air Asia X is the only Carrier I can think of that has had limited success. Maybe Azul in Brazil too but haven’t kept track of their financials recently. Guess jetBlue believes the A321NEO will be the savior. If they struggle I could see Needleman making a Steve Jobs type return to jetBlue thru a Moxy Airlines merger or hostile takeover.
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to