SLC-HNL on a 757?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
I just noticed that SLC-HNL is on a 757.

What kind of payload hit is it taking? It's blocked at 7:15 and with SLC being at over 4,000ft elevation you'd think it would be a stretch for the 757.

Anyone flown it or can provide some insight? It seems like it's the domestic high density configuration as well (20+179=199 total pax).
Quote: I just noticed that SLC-HNL is on a 757.

What kind of payload hit is it taking? It's blocked at 7:15 and with SLC being at over 4,000ft elevation you'd think it would be a stretch for the 757.

Anyone flown it or can provide some insight? It seems like it's the domestic high density configuration as well (20+179=199 total pax).
The 757 is a very capable plane. SLC-HNL is just under 3,000 miles and I've flown the 757 AMS-CVG, which is 1,100 miles farther. I don't remember any weights restrictions. You're correct in that SLC is at higher elevation than AMS, but the 757 is still a pretty good plane for getting out of high elevations. We use them in Eagle, CO and other mountainous airports.
Pull up a realease and see what they’re hauling

Too high?
Too heavy?
757 don’t care.
Quote:
Too high?
Too heavy?
757 don’t care.
I guess you haven't tried to nonrev back from Lima.
Quote: I guess you haven't tried to nonrev back from Lima.
Last I saw it alternated between 764 and 777.
Just JS, no payload optimization problems! 😁
Is Lima tough to get in and out of? Was thinking about going early November (“slow season”).
Just wait. 321 NEO LR will be doing it in a couple years.
UAL flies Denver to several different Hawaiian airports daily in the 757. And Madrid to IAD, along with other Europe to IAD, lots of long flights.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to