Currently flying in China

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to
Quote: Even with previous 7 years of US 121 flying?
It probably depends how long you’ve been overseas.
@ mercenario
Curious, what do you fly?
Quote: Very good for you. I was in China for 6 years in 2 companies and both were the same gave us a company document with no official stamp, so I had to pay taxes in usa to keep it legal and avoid issue. I made good money, yet the past 1.5 year have being crazy since the two incidents first the one in Manila and them in Macau, So I said to myself it is time to move on.
Yes I understand you. The only issue here is the medical check because you never know how long you will last here. And the age issue. That’s why I am taking this decision to leave China. But here I can make 1.5M in 5 more years!
Quote: I just turned 30 and have been on the left seat of a 737 for a 121 sup for year. Thinking about applying to China, would this be a good move? I'm not married.
Why not a legacy? I don't have a 4 year degree and it's coming slow, figured I can go there for 3 years and make some bank, as a previous regional guy I know I'm missing on a big hiring wave at a legacy right now.
Really I don’t know what are you waiting for???? For your age I will come to China with my eyes close! You can work here 20 years and get out of here with $15M. There are a lot of companies that have excelente contracts. I am one of the first foreign here in China and also I am the first foreign instructor. I get a lot of extra pay for being and instructor. Good luck and come to China!
Mercenario, check your PM.. Thanks!
Quote: If I was considering something like Atlas I would definitely go Kalitta Air (K4) I have friends there that really like it. They may have the highest year one pay also. They are growing 767, 777, 747 fleets.
Omni has THE HIGHEST first year pay, AFTER you get off training pay. I think it's about $115/hour...
Quote: Omni has THE HIGHEST first year pay, AFTER you get off training pay. I think it's about $115/hour...
It's all about the contract. Cancellation pay, min guarantee, any other soft pay. That's where money talks.
Needless to say both are six figure jobs starting out, even my friend at WGA pulled over six figures his first year. Good to see this.
Back to the original topic, I dislike China. Always feel like a Lannister in Winterfell.
Quote: Very good for you. I was in China for 6 years in 2 companies and both were the same gave us a company document with no official stamp, so I had to pay taxes in usa to keep it legal and avoid issue. I made good money, yet the past 1.5 year have being crazy since the two incidents first the one in Manila and them in Macau, So I said to myself it is time to move on.
Then you need a new accountant or know what TF you’re doing next time. This is your fault. It’s called a foreign tax credit and it’s not top secret. I’m calling BS or dumbass.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to