American or Southwest?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 22
Go to
Six year upgrade? How did you figure that one?
If an airline has common pilot and fa rotations social engagement on layovers is probably more common.

Id guess thats not typical at domestic legacy ops. International more so because pilots and fas do fly same rotations.

While iv never structured my social network around work...the layover camaraderie can be a mixed blessing when it comes to outside work relationships.

The 737 is a good plane. But it is not considerate of crew comfort or well being. In 6000+ hrs i can tell you it has terrible seats and will ruin your hearing absent ANR protection.

And if you are over 6ft tall its impossible to fully recline and have seat full aft. Sort of like the box they put me in during SERE. To short to stand up in and too narrow to sit down in.
I go to work to make money not friends. I have no desire to go drinking after a day flying. You can't go a few days without drinking a beer? Yikes
American’s retirement schedule is off the charts. AA wins in a landslide. Im sure you can have a beer on a 3 day trip at AA too.
Quote: And if you are over 6ft tall its impossible to fully recline and have seat full aft. Sort of like the box they put me in during SERE. To short to stand up in and too narrow to sit down in.
Thanks for the flashback.
Quote: I go to work to make money not friends. I have no desire to go drinking after a day flying. You can't go a few days without drinking a beer? Yikes
That’s something someone with no friends would say.
Quote: That’s something someone with no friends would say.
More likely what someone with a non airline spouse wud say
Quote: Im sure you can have a beer on a 3 day trip at AA too.
The vast majority of guys I work with are more than happy to get some dinner and beers while on the road. I don't think I've bought a beer in ages.

We have our 2% of course (seems like a number of them are on APC), but most of the guys (and occasional gal) are enjoyable to spend a meal or two with. That said, if the job was all about having a good time on the road, I'd still be flying corporate.
Quote: I go to work to make money not friends. I have no desire to go drinking after a day flying. You can't go a few days without drinking a beer? Yikes

Truth. While i like the people i fly with we would really have to hit it off for me to want to meet up on the layover. 20 hours 3 feet apart in 4 days is plenty.

Hanging out with the FAs? No way. I have no desire to do that. Not to mention you have to be careful in the world we live in today.
Quote: Im sure you can have a beer on a 3 day trip at AA too.
Nope, only at SWA.. all the other airlines have absolutely zero fun in Narita on a 3 day with 12 crew members.

At AA, and all other airlines except SWA, you can't trade trips, pick up premium trips, maximize your time off or work more for more money.

It also sucks at AA and all other airlines because they may or may not have to wear a hat.

WB flying sucks as well. Having options sucks. It is much better to primarily do 1 -2hr legs in the 737. Nobody should enjoy or want the option of WB flying.

You need to face it... Only SWA has culture, a great airplane (singular) with awesome beer drinking trips. And the ability to manipulate a schedule.

It's SWA all the way
F%ck AA and the rest
If you're not picking SWA you have to be crazy

I think that should just about sum up every SWA vs XXXXX airline thread
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 22
Go to