Is AA just a glorified Envoy?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
I know that almost anything is better than Envoy. That’s a given. The question is.... is Big Daddy Doug turning AA into a place we want to spend our careers at? The way things are going with upper management at AA doesn’t look much brighter than Envoy. Everybody wants to go to a legacy mainline, but when I ride the jumpseat it’s sounds like Envoy management is at AA.
Quote: I know that almost anything is better than Envoy. That’s a given. The question is.... is Big Daddy Doug turning AA into a place we want to spend our careers at? The way things are going with upper management at AA doesn’t look much brighter than Envoy. Everybody wants to go to a legacy mainline, but when I ride the jumpseat it’s sounds like Envoy management is at AA.
What part of Envoy do you think Envoy has control over? AA isn't a big Envoy. Envoy is a little AA.
Wildcat basically answered your question. The market does show that AA’s strategy is not working but I don’t think Envoy mgmt’s seething contempt for it’s mostly well-meaning line employees is really part of that. It has more to do with charging Delta prices for Spirit service with a large helping of exposure to bitter, angry customer facing employees you can’t get in such a concentration at any other airline.
Quote: Wildcat basically answered your question. The market does show that AA’s strategy is not working but I don’t think Envoy mgmt’s seething contempt for it’s mostly well-meaning line employees is really part of that. It has more to do with charging Delta prices for Spirit service with a large helping of exposure to bitter, angry customer facing employees you can’t get in such a concentration at any other airline.
This pretty much sums it up really. While Delta does things to improve passenger comfort, we cram more seats in the back with the excuse that we "will give customers more options" bull****. If people want rock bottom prices with no frills and al la carte pricing that's what the LCC's are for, not a mainline carrier. We should be prioritizing experience first, price second and only try to compete with the legacy carriers in that respect.

I dont think Doug will be around too much longer if things continue down this road. I mean they can't even use stock value as a reason to keep him anymore.
Quote: This pretty much sums it up really. While Delta does things to improve passenger comfort, we cram more seats in the back with the excuse that we "will give customers more options" bull****. If people want rock bottom prices with no frills and al la carte pricing that's what the LCC's are for, not a mainline carrier. We should be prioritizing experience first, price second and only try to compete with the legacy carriers in that respect.

I dont think Doug will be around too much longer if things continue down this road. I mean they can't even use stock value as a reason to keep him anymore.
If we can get rid of Doug, maybe they won’t have an excuse to keep Mesa on board either.
As much as things can improve at AA, the realistic fact is that the overall employment experience at AA is eminently better than at Envoy.
I'm sure I could tolerate a lot more BS if I'm getting paid 4x as much, so there's that...
Quote: I'm sure I could tolerate a lot more BS if I'm getting paid 4x as much, so there's that...
This. This 100%
Quote: Wildcat basically answered your question. The market does show that AA’s strategy is not working but I don’t think Envoy mgmt’s seething contempt for it’s mostly well-meaning line employees is really part of that. It has more to do with charging Delta prices for Spirit service with a large helping of exposure to bitter, angry customer facing employees you can’t get in such a concentration at any other airline.
hahahahah true.....sigh
I wonder if AAG is aware that the flow is going to bring in a bunch of bitter regional folks that are hell bent at getting their due and proper after being beat up for the previous 7-9 years.

There is alot of side effect to this regional game. FUPM won't just be a regional cry, it'll be a mainline way of life from now till infinity. MAAGA
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to