Lynden Air Cargo New Hire Perspective

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to
Quote: Shadow, thanks! I'm guessing they are a little flexible on their 5000tt requirement? I'm currently flying for a medevac company, and looking at possibly trying to get on with Lynden in another 6 months or so. I have about 3000tt, with 1100 twin turbine PIC, all Alaska time.
Yes, I think they would be. I’d recommend starting the process. Then you will know for sure and they will give u good feedback on what more they might like to see from you. And if you’re not ready for the fall class, they may offer a future one.
When out on a two week rotation do you normally do out and backs from the same base or is just jumping all over the place?
Quote: When out on a two week rotation do you normally do out and backs from the same base or is just jumping all over the place?
Could be a bit of both, just depends on tastings. But you would generally stay in the same area. In Alaska you may just fly out and back from Anchorage. Or they could send u for several days to fly from the north slope.

Generally you stay with an aircraft and fly whatever is needed. That might include flying from Alaska to the lower 48 and back. Or other locations around the world you may fly some trips to multiple countries but return to where the aircraft is ‘based’.
These guys still hiring?
Yep. Interviews start later this week, but not too late to get an application in. Class roster will most likely be set by next week.
I'm looking to send my resume in, not sure if they're accepting applications, looks like I missed the boat. would anyone have any idea where I could send my resume? thanks very much.
PIC Type?
Does Lynden PIC type first officers in the L-382?
Application window is open for what looks to be a January 2020 initial class. All pilots are typed in the L382 coming out of training, per the regulation.

https://lyndenaircargo-lynden.icims....un1offset=-480
Yes, you get a L-382 type.
So is "Alaska casual" for the interview a polo or buttondown shirt? How do they feel about beards and mustaches?
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to