June Pairing Rumor

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 8
Go to
Not sure, but heard that the company is cracking down and making our life misserble for June. It was mentioned that we lost SEVERAL cities to out-and-backs, which will affect commuters. In my opinion, the trips are already borderline and many are unsafe. Anyone else heard anything specific?
Dude! I thought life was all peaches and cream at FredEx and the company loves the pilots! At least that's what all of our pilots say.

Quote: Not sure, but heard that the company is cracking down and making our life misserble for June. It was mentioned that we lost SEVERAL cities to out-and-backs, which will affect commuters. In my opinion, the trips are already borderline and many are unsafe. Anyone else heard anything specific?
I've heard this too during EWR hub turns. Precisely why I'm staying put on the next and subsequent bids. Low percentage seat seniority is the only way to fight being boned with bad schedules. At least then you can pick the trips that suck the least. Lifestyle over money wins every time. Shape of things to come I suspect.
Quote: Dude! I thought life was all peaches and cream at FredEx and the company loves the pilots! At least that's what all of our pilots say.

No one has EVER said they love pilots here, we're just units to be optimized, even by our own!
What is wrong with out and backs? Some of us prefer them.
Quote: What is wrong with out and backs? Some of us prefer them.
There is nothing wrong with them, but with 70 % commuters at FDX, when they change 40 cities to out/backs that were former lay over cities, the monthly schedules will look significantly different than they have been.

The highly sought after week on week off schedules will be significantly reduced because there are far fewer Hub turn cities.

No commuter want a 12 hour break in MEM 12 times a month.
So if the comapny wants to P*SS off most of the 70 % commuters and maybe some of the local folks.......increase the out/backs.
Quote: There is nothing wrong with them, but with 70 % commuters at FDX, when they change 40 cities to out/backs that were former lay over cities, the monthly schedules will look significantly different than they have been.

The highly sought after week on week off schedules will be significantly reduced because there are far fewer Hub turn cities.

No commuter want a 12 hour break in MEM 12 times a month.
So if the comapny wants to P*SS off most of the 70 % commuters and maybe some of the local folks.......increase the out/backs.
Choosing to commute is a personal choice....you can complain, but you won't get many listeners.
You can always move to the planet and then you to can fly those GREAT out and backs.
Mr. Spock has a question for you...
Quote: ....you can complain, but you won't get many listeners.
Actually it sounds more like 70% of the pilots would listen, and the other 30 would sound just like you.
i am listening!
Quote: Choosing to commute is a personal choice....you can complain, but you won't get many listeners.
You can always move to the planet and then you to can fly those GREAT out and backs.
Good for you. You're in the minority.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 8
Go to