JetBlue vs UPS

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 9
Go to
What kind of Quals are competitive right now at UPS?
Quote: The grass is always greener. Or you are trying to improve your current QOL as opposed to pay. That’s why a 12 yr UPS pilot left to come to VX even before the AS merger announcement.
I'm sure 12 years at Brown gives you some nice QOL, and beats commuting to JFK.
JetBlue vs UPS
Quote: That’s why a 12 yr UPS pilot left to come to VX even before the AS merger announcement.

Same old BS on this board, yeah, sure, a 12 yr UPS guy left or would leave for a place like former VX/AS/JB [emoji2357]. Yeah, give up 12 invested years, 12 A plan years, who comes up with this crap.
Quote: Same old BS on this board, yeah, sure, a 12 yr UPS guy left or would leave for a place like former VX/AS/JB [emoji2357]. Yeah, give up 12 invested years, 12 A plan years, who comes up with this crap.
Yes she did. Lives in South San Francisco from what I heard.
Quote: Yes she did. Lives in South San Francisco from what I heard.
It’s true but the person I’m thinking of is a he.
Quote: It’s true but the person I’m thinking of is a he.
Plucked her eyebrows on the way
Shaved her legs and then he was a she
She said, hey babe, take a walk on the wild side...
Thread bump.
Have under a year at B6, commute, really like working there for the most part.
Have an opportunity possible with UPS (met someone in recruiting, and also went to last OBAP). It would also be a commute.
I could drive to PHL in around an hour, and I've heard that's somewhere some trips could start? Realize it's not a base, but DHs etc make it possible.
I don't have a lot seniority at B6 but will hold a line soon, and upgrade is relatively pretty quick. Wife and I have talked about moving to a domicile to make it work better. I suppose we would think about the same for UPS should it ever happen.
It's a small point in the big picture, but I also wonder how much "fun" UPS folks have on the road. Are the layovers ever fun? One of the things i like about B6 is going to work often involves a caribbean layover or a transcon to SFO/LAX/SAN/PDX and those are places I enjoy when I'm on the road. Sorry, don't have many UPS people to ask this to. Are the layovers all about sleep management, or is there any enjoyment of them? Probably a loaded question and a YMMV type thing.
Quote: Thread bump.
Have under a year at B6, commute, really like working there for the most part.
Have an opportunity possible with UPS (met someone in recruiting, and also went to last OBAP). It would also be a commute.
I could drive to PHL in around an hour, and I've heard that's somewhere some trips could start? Realize it's not a base, but DHs etc make it possible.
I don't have a lot seniority at B6 but will hold a line soon, and upgrade is relatively pretty quick. Wife and I have talked about moving to a domicile to make it work better. I suppose we would think about the same for UPS should it ever happen.
It's a small point in the big picture, but I also wonder how much "fun" UPS folks have on the road. Are the layovers ever fun? One of the things i like about B6 is going to work often involves a caribbean layover or a transcon to SFO/LAX/SAN/PDX and those are places I enjoy when I'm on the road. Sorry, don't have many UPS people to ask this to. Are the layovers all about sleep management, or is there any enjoyment of them? Probably a loaded question and a YMMV type thing.
If you are looking purely for fun, don’t come to UPS.
Quote: It's a small point in the big picture...
Quote: If you are looking purely for fun, don’t come to UPS.
Guess you missed that part.
Thanks though.
Quote: Guess you missed that part.
Thanks though.

He's just being honest.

FWIW ... Just one opinion, within the domestic system, most of my layovers are about sleep management.

Some "fun" can be had on the longer international and some domestic layovers, but those also present unique problems when they range from 20-32 hours.

I will also add, do not move to a UPS domicile until the spouse has been there for more than a visit and approves of the move.

Good Luck

With the way that we are growing, you would hold a line rather quickly.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 9
Go to