August 5/6 Class

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 4 of 6
Go to
Quote: Many hired in 2005-2006 were furloughed legacy pilots who were troughing in the Guard and USAFR. Hiring prospects were much, much tougher then compared to now.
Nevermind...you’re trying to justify so no point.
I just received my FJO for August 5 class. Anyone else on here joining me? Any advice?
Quote: ... Also, some interviewed at UPS for line jobs but were only offered mgt...
That might have happened on a very few occasions but generally it’s a myth perpetuated by the managers themselves.
“Tell them you tried for the line pilot position but all they offered was in management. It’ll be easier for them to accept you this way.” I heard this explanation from a retired manager and I think what he said is fairly accurate. They’re taught to deflect the question during their brown koolaid kumbaya training.

Since the late 90s they’ve had separate applications for line and for management pilots. When short on mangers they WILL ask a line pilot if he or she would be interested in “training department” duties, etc. (typically code words for management)
Almost everyone in my class was asked if we’d be interested. They will NOT hold it against you if you’re honest and tell them you’d prefer to fly the line and that maybe, one day in the future, you’d consider going to the training department. It worked for me and for MANY others.. Timwerni, and others who’re contemplating it - DON’T DO IT!

Ethics, or lack thereof, aside becoming a manager makes no sense. During the massive furloughs of the past, when there’re absolutely NO flying jobs out there becoming a manager would seem to make sense. Logical? Maybe.. Ethical? Not so much. In today’s environment? It’s not even logical.
Friend got the final call today, August 6.
A good friend just got the 6 August class cjo as well. Welcome, everyone, and blue skies!
Class drop 8/6.

11 747
Quote: Class drop 8/6.

11 747
11 total in class ?
Quote: 11 total in class ?
Twenty light twin pilots scheduled for tomorrow (6 Aug)...
Quote: Twenty light twin pilots scheduled for tomorrow (6 Aug)...
So, did we make 2900?
Based on the pilot demographics in the IPNN today...yes.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 4 of 6
Go to