PSA base at DFW

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 12
Go to
Quote: The two contacts require two different numbers of pilots per plane for the operation to function.
I totally agree. But it could still be done with not much of a change in hiring. I’ve spoken to numerous reserve pilots who have flown less than 5 hours a month for the past several months. I talked to a captain a few weeks ago that had to do his landing currency in the sim. Saying we are overstaffed is an understatement.
Quote: I totally agree. But it could still be done with not much of a change in hiring. I’ve spoken to numerous reserve pilots who have flown less than 5 hours a month for the past several months. I talked to a captain a few weeks ago that had to do his landing currency in the sim. Saying we are overstaffed is an understatement.
And what base were they in? Cause I’m sick of scheduling hacking up trips bypassing the bucket system and flying me 56-73 hrs a month
Quote: And what base were they in? Cause I’m sick of scheduling hacking up trips bypassing the bucket system and flying me 56-73 hrs a month
^^^^^This!!!! 😠^^^^

82 hours last month. Personal best in 8 years of regional flying.
Quote: And what base were they in? Cause I’m sick of scheduling hacking up trips bypassing the bucket system and flying me 56-73 hrs a month
Most of them are captains in outstations. The one that had to do his landing currency in the sim was CVG. These guys aren’t the norm but they certainly exist. Most of the reserve FOs I’ve flown with say they’ve been averaging around 20-30, also mostly CVG. I’ve heard most people are flying quite a bit until they consolidate then they rarely get used.
As of now OO is the only other CRJ operator with a DFW base besides Mesa. SGU will be licking their chops for that flying.
Psa dfw base potential
Anyone heard anything about a potential DFW crew base?
Quote: Anyone heard anything about a potential DFW crew base?
We don't have near enough departures a day out of DFW to justify a crew base, not happening in 2020.
Quote: We don't have near enough departures a day out of DFW to justify a crew base, not happening in 2020.
It’s hard to agree with that. Since we have only 10-11 departures out of TYS a day, and currently 9 in DFW. So nothing would surprise me at this point.
Quote: It’s hard to agree with that. Since we have only 10-11 departures out of TYS a day, and currently 9 in DFW. So nothing would surprise me at this point.
There is a difference in outstation crew bases and hub bases when it comes to departure requirements that make the crew base financially viable, the cost of having a crew base in TYS is way less than DFW with the same amount of departures.....I was told by a VP that we needed around 40-50 departures a day out of a hub for it to make sense to be a crew base but believe what you want. We overnight 5 (4 7/9s and 1 200) planes a night in TYS, that's at least 10 crews that would need hotels (19 rooms) which they don't have to spend $ on. CLT, DCA, and PHL have enough departures that we need reserves there and currently DFW does not. Not all crew bases serve the same purpose.
Quote: There is a difference in outstation crew bases and hub bases when it comes to departure requirements that make the crew base financially viable, the cost of having a crew base in TYS is way less than DFW with the same amount of departures.....I was told by a VP that we needed around 40-50 departures a day out of a hub for it to make sense to be a crew base but believe what you want. We overnight 5 (4 7/9s and 1 200) planes a night in TYS, that's at least 10 crews that would need hotels (19 rooms) which they don't have to spend $ on. CLT, DCA, and PHL have enough departures that we need reserves there and currently DFW does not. Not all crew bases serve the same purpose.

Agreed, a lot of folks are letting their emotions getting in the way of trying to make sense which bases they want to see open and close.

We do not have nearly enough Departures in DFW to justify a crew base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 12
Go to