Upcoming meet and greets

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 7
Go to
Quote: Did the meet and greet today and received an interview invite today as well. It was pretty laid back with a couple guys who showed up(all in suits).
Was there any mention of how much more hiring they are looking at?
Quote: Was there any mention of how much more hiring they are looking at?
They didn't have solid numbers but around 100 per year. Planning on 10% growth.
Well, when they finish filling spots for the Sep 23 class they will have 100 already set. I was speaking with one of the guys currently doing interviews, he said they were told to hire as many as they can and to keep going until told to stop.

So hiring between 100 and infinity this year. =) 10% per year has been the company's stated growth goal for a while (going forward).
Quote: They didn't have solid numbers but around 100 per year. Planning on 10% growth.
Ain’t going to happen once the recession kicks in later this year
Quote: Ain’t going to happen once the recession kicks in later this year
Crystal ball perhaps? Anyhow the same could be said for every airline during a recession.
Quote: Ain’t going to happen once the recession kicks in later this year
You may wanna research which airlines continued to do quite well during the last couple of rough patches before making such statements.
Quote: You may wanna research which airlines continued to do quite well during the last couple of rough patches before making such statements.
Can’t argue with this point. There have been new hire classes every year since 2002 all through the lost decade including the last recession in 2008-2009. Last year was the only year there wasn’t hiring in the last 17 years and that was only because of the fleet transition.
Quote: You may wanna research which airlines continued to do quite well during the last couple of rough patches before making such statements.
I did. And I stand by my statement. Poor people who typically travel on allegiant will get poorer. Recessions affect everyone. Next.
Quote: I did. And I stand by my statement. Poor people who typically travel on allegiant will get poorer. Recessions affect everyone. Next.
So which airline(s), if any, remained profitable during the previous economic recession?
Quote: So which airline(s), if any, remained profitable during the previous economic recession?
Do your own research on that. This recession will be different. All the tools that were used last time round are pretty much unavailable and can’t be used to soften the blows of the coming recession. And now with China devaluing their currency, it will lead to competitive devaluations amongst world governments to try and keep their goods cheaper. We are in uncharted waters. This next recession will be one for the books and no airlines will get away unscathed. Some will fail. None will grow. Tick tock, tick tock...
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 7
Go to