vacancy 19-12 to open 19July

Subscribe
3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 7 of 8
Go to
Quote: Agree , just ask the (new to the Airbus) captain first trip off OE that lost an engine in pour weather also with a brand new FO. Also did a go around on the first attempted landing .(uncertain of why on the last part)
Did this happen?
Quote: Agree , just ask the (new to the Airbus) captain first trip off OE that lost an engine in pour weather also with a brand new FO. Also did a go around on the first attempted landing .(uncertain of why on the last part)
I hope that person contacted the union and then pappy van winkle post haste
Yes . Had that captain on the Jumpseat shortly after it happened.
Quote: As a new captain your also finding your feet as a leader and your first couple trips off ioe are usually Murphy's law in action. Flying is the easy part compared to the odd drama that comes up. When your stressed, late, and all these external forces are pushing you to go faster faster ...

The number of hours is arbitrary but it is a big job and anything that gives a buffer should be welcomed IMO. The adding distance to minimums is dumb but I see it as them recognizing a situation that takes skill to do tactfully.

If the increase in minimums were only a dispatch issue, then sure, it makes sense to increase mins. However, once airborne, it is completely nonsensical and counter to safety. While a new Captain has a lot to learn, flying a cat III autoland isn’t one of them. Much more tasking on a new captain to force them to hold/divert for low visibility then to have them just shoot an approach that they have recently practiced in the sim a dozen or so times.

If you want to task saturate a new captain, fly him to houston and force him to go around because he is high mins. Then put him in a hold so he can calculate bingo fuel, contact dispatch, and then divert to Austin. I would much rather shot the approach that I had been trained to fly.
Award is out.
My guess Jr CA is mid-2015 hire.
Quote: Award is out.
My guess Jr CA is mid-2015 hire.
Late 2015 early 2016.
Quote:
If you want to task saturate a new captain, fly him to houston and force him to go around because he is high mins. Then put him in a hold so he can calculate bingo fuel, contact dispatch, and then divert to Austin. I would much rather shot the approach that I had been trained to fly.
You were also trained to do those other tasks...none of which are stressful if you added the gas...another thing that was trained by an excellent LCA.
Quote: Late 2015 early 2016.
How can y'all tell? The $#$@ seniority list doesn't have a DOH!! WTH? How silly is that. The CCS staffing report doesn't have DOH, either. Not even the United Seniority Progression website. I'm at a loss.
Quote: Though the first snapshot won’t stand, as we all know, both those jr CAs are March 17 hires.
777 FO under a year on the award I hear. What is the junior Ca?
Quote: How can y'all tell? The $#$@ seniority list doesn't have a DOH!! WTH? How silly is that. The CCS staffing report doesn't have DOH, either. Not even the United Seniority Progression website. I'm at a loss.
I’m gonna take a gander at this... I bet it’s because hire date is not even closely related to seniority for at least half the pilots at UA. Posting hire date would only confuse the newbies and potential candidates. It sounds like there’s still issues with the equivalent seniority list from the last integration. I think this will not be as much of an issue in about 5yrs though...
3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 7 of 8
Go to