DL CEO absent in meeting w/Trump/Qatari CEO

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 18
Go to
^^^^This^^^

Denny
Quote: Invite probably got lost in the 200 emails that Karlene sent him this week demanding to meet with the board of directors because we don’t get crew meals, or we aren’t complying with her latest demand.
That’s funny.
Ed was probably busy chillin' with Megan Rapinoe getting some content for this week's "Ask Ed" 😁
Quote: Eh. It sounds like President Trumps mind was already made up and it likely it wouldn't have made a difference if Ed had showed up anyway. I absolutely despise that everyone is always concerned with doing things because of "optics..."
As Wayne Gretzky said, you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
Him not being there was a form of protest IMO.
Quote: Might be, but it really makes it difficult for me to GAS about writing letters if our CEO won't even show up for a meeting with the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES to plead his case.
Do you really pen your own letters, or simply click a few links, find your district in a drop down and fire off the same old form letter that everyone else is sending? Good on you if you did.

Quote: As Wayne Gretzky said, you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
Ya, maybe he was somewhere else taking other shots that have a higher probability of success. The president himself even said they needed to go through other channels. Iran is heating up again and we need to keep our base in Qatar (who also just bought a bunch of 777s), maybe he saw the writing on the wall. Then again, maybe he was Tesla shopping. Either way, I think we all know him being there wasn't going to change a thing. But I guess, optics...
Quote: Do you really pen your own letters, or simply click a few links, find your district in a drop down and fire off the same old form letter that everyone else is sending? Good on you if you did.

Ya, maybe he was somewhere else taking other shots that have a higher probability of success. The president himself even said they needed to go through other channels. Iran is heating up again and we need to keep our base in Qatar (who also just bought a bunch of 777s), maybe he saw the writing on the wall. Then again, maybe he was Tesla shopping. Either way, I think we all know him being there wasn't going to change a thing. But I guess, optics...
I have actually written some, but mostly just click the links. Regardless, if he can't bother to show up to talk to the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED FREAKING STATES, why should I bother to even click links? As far as I am concerned, he has no excuse. Whether or not it would have changed things is irrelevant. Do you really think employees sending form leters makes any difference? Our congress is bought and paid for, and the have a lot of money. Cabotage is in your future my friend.

Oh, and those 777s are guaranteed by the US taxpayer... keep that in mind too

And lastly.. optics are important in the shallow pool of DC
I think Ed's actions since he became CEO have showed he is no fan of the Republican party or Trump. I bet he is not complaining about the booming economy though.
Quote: As far as I am concerned, he has no excuse. Whether or not it would have changed things is irrelevant.
So it would be better to just keep beating your head against the wall so it LOOKS like you're doing something? But maybe you're right...if there is one thing I've learned from the actions of senior military leaders, if you can't do something worthwhile, do something visible.

Quote: Do you really think employees sending form leters makes any difference?
Apparently you did, or you just enjoyed wasting your time by sending them in in the past.

Quote: Cabotage is in your future my friend.

Oh, and those 777s are guaranteed by the US taxpayer... keep that in mind too
Agreed on both counts. I just don't believe that this afternoon chat with the President would have changed a thing.
Quote: So it would be better to just keep beating your head against the wall so it LOOKS like you're doing something? But maybe you're right...if there is one thing I've learned from the actions of senior military leaders, if you can't do something worthwhile, do something visible.

Apparently you did, or you just enjoyed wasting your time by sending them in in the past.

Agreed on both counts. I just don't believe that this afternoon chat with the President would have changed a thing.
I guess the point is, why should I continue to write letters when my CEO won't put forth the effort to even meet with the most powerful man in the world? He was invited. He didn't go. Whose time is more valuable again? I get that you don't like the optics aspect, and I respect that but to me it sets bad precedent. If you got invited to go speak with Ed 1 on 1, would you go? Even though you believe you won't change his mind?

Do as I say, not as I do.
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 18
Go to