Proposed 5 Day PBS Bidding Window...

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to
I don’t think we were actually “voting” on it changing to 5 days. Just voting on if its something we should “pro-sue”....
Quote: Well head to another regional then, this one is going ALPA.
Quote: So what you’re saying is you’re a No vote? You don’t want any protection. And you won’t go to a major airline so as not to have the protections? Got it. Smart move.

You are aware that you don't automatically have "protection" just because you are unionized right? They have to decide if your issue is worth expending legal resources before you actually get access to that lawyer. A friend at my previous airline waited for 2 months, stuck on administrative leave for them to finally decide that it wasn't worth it for them to expend the resource. I'm not anti union, but I don't think ALPA is the way. The route that both Southwest and AA have gone with their unions are greatly superior in my opinion.

Maybe you should check with Compass and Gojet and find out how well ALPA was able to protect their DL flying.
Quote: You are aware that you don't automatically have "protection" just because you are unionized right? They have to decide if your issue is worth expending legal resources before you actually get access to that lawyer. A friend at my previous airline waited for 2 months, stuck on administrative leave for them to finally decide that it wasn't worth it for them to expend the resource. I'm not anti union, but I don't think ALPA is the way. The route that both Southwest and AA have gone with their unions are greatly superior in my opinion.

Maybe you should check with Compass and Gojet and find out how well ALPA was able to protect their DL flying.
At Skywest, we have ZERO protection. **** the company off, bye bye. Sapa is management and will “fake represent” you until company fires you. At will employee. I’d prefer a contract as opposed to the “wrong tract” we have now.
Quote: You are aware that you don't automatically have "protection" just because you are unionized right? They have to decide if your issue is worth expending legal resources before you actually get access to that lawyer. A friend at my previous airline waited for 2 months, stuck on administrative leave for them to finally decide that it wasn't worth it for them to expend the resource. I'm not anti union, but I don't think ALPA is the way. The route that both Southwest and AA have gone with their unions are greatly superior in my opinion.

Since when has Gojet been represented by ALPA?
Quote: Since when has Gojet been represented by ALPA?
Ya. Teamsters... the worse alternative to ALPA...
Quote: Since when has Gojet been represented by ALPA?
You are absolutely right, I didn't write enough there. It should have been something like, "Maybe you should check with Compass and Gojet and find out how well ALPA and the Teamsters were able to protect their DL flying."

Sometimes I type faster than I think.
Quote: Well head to another regional then, this one is going ALPA.
Maybe you should have gone to another regional that already is ALPA. It's not too late, Envoy and Mesa are hiring.
Quote: You are absolutely right, I didn't write enough there. It should have been something like, "Maybe you should check with Compass and Gojet and find out how well ALPA and the Teamsters were able to protect their DL flying."

Sometimes I type faster than I think.
Sometimes you don’t think, nice strawman there. ALPA doesn’t protect regional pilots from DAL/UAL/AA, they protect you from management. Compass MEC does not control the flying contract with Delta. Try again.
Quote: Maybe you should have gone to another regional that already is ALPA. It's not too late, Envoy and Mesa are hiring.
I think I’ll go to mainline. You should go to Mesa though they sound like your kind of speed
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to