Time building in Pipeline Patrol

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to
Have to ask--during your 5-year run chasing pipes how many emergency/forced/off-field landings?
Quote: Have to ask--during your 5-year run chasing pipes how many emergency/forced/off-field landings?
None in the PT6 Caravan. "Dependable Engines" is their slogan and I totally back that up!! The biggest danger is being down low where everything is in your airspace. I hit some birds, and had close calls with crop dusters or helo's who don't run mode c. Kind of spooky to be surprised by a yellow plane flying under you when your at 400-500ft!

I did have one emergency landing while riding observer on a Bell Long Ranger powered by a Rolls. A "chip detect" light in a helo means find a spot to land quick! A bearing was coming apart.
Excellent video!!! This was a beautiful glimpse of life in America and brought back a lot of memories of my time living low
If you dont mind me asking, how many Hours did you have before you got picked up doing pipline. Im at around 300TT, going to be getting a BFR and IPC soon. Looking to send out resumes Etc Soon.

I know alot of low time pilot jobs are governed by insurance mins. Anyone have any ideas on how lenient they are or how much wiggle room they have with those mins?
Quote: If you dont mind me asking, how many Hours did you have before you got picked up doing pipline. Im at around 300TT, going to be getting a BFR and IPC soon. Looking to send out resumes Etc Soon.

I know alot of low time pilot jobs are governed by insurance mins. Anyone have any ideas on how lenient they are or how much wiggle room they have with those mins?
I was hired on with 1700hrs but the mins at the time were 500, and there were several guys who were around that mark. For some reason later on they bumped it up to 1500 min. Maybe for insurance? Most patrol companies are in the 500-1500 range with some hiring observers with a lot lower times and work their way up. Check out Barr Aviation.
Quote: I was hired on with 1700hrs but the mins at the time were 500, and there were several guys who were around that mark. For some reason later on they bumped it up to 1500 min. Maybe for insurance? Most patrol companies are in the 500-1500 range with some hiring observers with a lot lower times and work their way up. Check out Barr Aviation.
I actually found a couple of Job openings with them. They were asking for 500 min and they also state “Do not apply if you Dont meet Min”
I’m guessing I shouldn’t even bother applying for that. What do you think?

They Also have a Camera operator Position...
Quote: I actually found a couple of Job openings with them. They were asking for 500 min and they also state “Do not apply if you Dont meet Min”

Do you have a link or email address that you can share? I looked at their website, but there's no 'careers' page.
Quote: Do you have a link or email address that you can share? I looked at their website, but there's no 'careers' page.
https://www.google.com/search?q=barr...bs&htivrt=jobs

https://www.google.com/search?q=barr...bs&htivrt=jobs
Quote: I actually found a couple of Job openings with them. They were asking for 500 min and they also state “Do not apply if you Dont meet Min”

I knew a guy who worked for them and the way he talked the qualifications were insurance mins. I would apply for the camera operator definitely!
Thanks Bryguy!
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to