Time building in Pipeline Patrol

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 6 of 7
Go to
Quote: Does anyone know of any pipeline patrol companies that use multi-engine aircraft? I have a little over a year of pipeline patrol experience and wouldn't mind continuing if I could get some multi time (or turbine time.)

I know there's got to be at least one because I've heard them on the radio out by Laredo and McAllen Texas.
Barr Air Patrol in CXO used to have a twin. Some weird looking Italian deal.
Two questions:
1) am I missing any companies besides Barr, American Patrol, Eagle, Guardian, and KCSI?
2) to get out of the year contract, do you pay a certain amount of money or is it just not done?
But where?
I could do something like this. I’m just having issues finding a gig in northern Louisiana.
I keep seeing people say 1000-1500 for pipeline jobs. Is this still true? I thought pipeline was considered a low time job? Has that changed?
Quote: 1) am I missing any companies besides Barr, American Patrol, Eagle, Guardian, and KCSI?

2) to get out of the year contract, do you pay a certain amount of money or is it just not done?
Underwood, out of Oklahoma use to be a company. Not sure if they are still around.

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk
Quote: 1) am I missing any companies besides Barr, American Patrol, Eagle, Guardian, and KCSI?
Energy Transfer out of KDWH. Contract depends on the company. A year goes by pretty quickly in this biz.
Quote: I keep seeing people say 1000-1500 for pipeline jobs. Is this still true? I thought pipeline was considered a low time job? Has that changed?
It depends on the aircraft, size of the company and their insurance requirements. Smaller companies usually require less time. Larger aircraft require more time. Insurance can throw a wrench in all of it.
Here is a link to a multi engine pipeline patrol job with Barr in CXO. They are one of the better patrol outfits. Good luck!

https://texas.tarta.ai/j/E-CKxoYBwqy...medium=organic
That was cool. Thanks for sharing.
American Patrols
Has anyone else had a hard time getting on with American Patrols? I applied at 300 hours and then again at 700 hours. I've never failed a checkride and I seem to check every box they are looking for, however, both times I was given the response that I'm not qualified. I was curious if anyone else get this same problem?
2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 6 of 7
Go to