Commut a good choice for the future?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to
Quote: Don't plan on the move happening in OCT.
Oh, I'll believe it when I see it, but that was what I heard.
Bump

Also getting close to minimums. Was wondering if any CommutAir Pilots would recommend coming here.

Thanks
I still think it is a good place to build time and move on. You have a shot to make it to UAL in 3-4 years. Upgrades are as you soon as you qualify. New contract is coming so pay and work rules will get better. If the new contract is is what we hope there will be lots of growth, you will want to be on the front end of that growth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Do you know when the new contract should be up? And what is planned to be changed?
Quote: Do you know when the new contract should be up? And what is planned to be changed?

That is like knowing the power ball numbers for the major jackpot. We can all guess, but until the release it no one knows anything that can verified.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The training is kinda messed up tho....
Quote: The training is kinda messed up tho....
Care to elaborate?

I went through C5 training a year ago and it was on a par with or better than Republic's training, and everyone seems to like Republic these days. Times change, of course, so I'm genuinely curious what is deficient.

The one thing I will admit is a huge blow to the training department as a whole is losing Allie. She really worked her a$$ off for us.
Quote: The training is kinda messed up tho....
What is messed up is your spelling of the word "though".😁

In all seriousness, what is/was wrong with the training? Have you reached out to anyone to discuss any training issues you are having? You can't expect anything to change by just posting a vague message on APC.

You also posted in the PSA forum asking about reapplying over there. And it seems you worked at Mesa and in part 135. If I could offer any advice it would be to stop jumping around. Stay somewhere (CommutAir or PSA), build some seniority, and move on to a major. If you keep jumping from regional to regional, you will never get anywhere.
Every forum, some more than others, complain about training. I agree with other two guys and say it is NOT terrible at c5. Administratively, I think it could be considered a mess but is no director of training at moment. When I say administratively, just mean scheduling/communication, but that was just when I went through a while ago.

As for the actual instructors, especially the line pilots, they are all very good at what they do. Our apds are fair and all a good group of guys as well. No one at c5 is going to let you fail if you are trying. It’s all about effort. They have given people 8 or more extra sims to try get them through. This company has a lot of growing pains, but the pilots care for each other n stick by each other. It’s all about effort.

Quote: Care to elaborate?

I went through C5 training a year ago and it was on a par with or better than Republic's training, and everyone seems to like Republic these days. Times change, of course, so I'm genuinely curious what is deficient.

The one thing I will admit is a huge blow to the training department as a whole is losing Allie. She really worked her a$$ off for us.
Quote: Care to elaborate?

C5 training is sub par, at best. Go somewhere with reputable training, it will make all the difference. Why do you think so many C5 trainees quit before their check ride?
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to