Training timeline

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Welcome! Agree with all
stang, any idea how many are in your class? Curious minds want to know.
Quote: stang, any idea how many are in your class? Curious minds want to know.
No clue. My understanding is 2 dates in October and both are full.

Thanks to the others for the kind words. Will be making the best of it all!
Quote: No clue. My understanding is 2 dates in October and both are full.

Thanks to the others for the kind words. Will be making the best of it all!
That's great. Enjoy and welcome!
Quote: stang, any idea how many are in your class? Curious minds want to know.
His class has 6 total
Quote: His class has 6 total
It will be interesting to see if all 6 show up.
Quote: It will be interesting to see if all 6 show up.
I’ll take the under. With all new hires going to LAX now it seems, I’m curious if the recent lack of new hire attendance is also hurt by Seattle or Phoenix guys now not having an option to be home based.

Oh and the flying or lack there of..situation
I was just offered a position at Compass. I applied for very similar reasons as Stang. WORST CASE, I get interview experience, maybe an ATP, maybe some training, maybe some flight time before being told we dont need you any longer. 3 of us (out of 7) were offered positions on the spot, MY GUESS is the other 2 will not actually show up to class. 1 was based in SEA, the other was a young kid from Texas I believe, way more options out that way without the career risk. My question is I was told there are spots in the November class, but 2020 classes have not been scheduled yet. Made me think, if nothing comes up, there will be no classes scheduled. Does anyone know if its common for CPZ to not know class dates going into the next year when you apply during this time of year? Maybe I am reading too much into it and its standard practice
Quote: I was just offered a position at Compass. I applied for very similar reasons as Stang. WORST CASE, I get interview experience, maybe an ATP, maybe some training, maybe some flight time before being told we dont need you any longer. 3 of us (out of 7) were offered positions on the spot, MY GUESS is the other 2 will not actually show up to class. 1 was based in SEA, the other was a young kid from Texas I believe, way more options out that way without the career risk. My question is I was told there are spots in the November class, but 2020 classes have not been scheduled yet. Made me think, if nothing comes up, there will be no classes scheduled. Does anyone know if its common for CPZ to not know class dates going into the next year when you apply during this time of year? Maybe I am reading too much into it and its standard practice
Correct we have no projected hiring in 2020. Is that “common”? No. My advice to you is if you’re a gambling man/woman and you live in SoCal, take the job. The crews are great at this company and it’s a great aircraft to fly. Just accept the fact that you might be on the bottom on the seniority list for a long time, on account of no hiring.
No. I was one of the last guys hired here when we froze hiring and it’s not a place to be. Reserve here is awful. Even more awful if you commute. And if you think the LAX base is staying more than another year or two... I’m sorry but it’s probably not.

11 days off a month doesn’t go very far when they make you shuffle broken planes until 1:45am on your day off every stretch and give you 5-on, 2-off reserve logging almost no hours. Don’t give this place any of your time. I’ve given it too much of mine, and we had a better looking future then than we do now. I’ve been here 3 years and only had 10 months NOT on reserve.

There is no reason to go here when you could go to skywest/other and have a [RJ] career, not a temporary job where you’ll spend every day worrying if you’ll be unemployed tomorrow. Pick a better regional and move to the domicile.

If we land some UA jets, come on over. But until then, be patient and go somewhere better. Pretty easy to ask to be left in a pilot pool and jump in if good news arrives

Not trying to be negative, trying to save you wasted time and effort for a place you’ll be disappointed in.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to