Profit Sharing Time

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  14 
Page 4 of 19
Go to
Quote: sure have. I also paid attention last year when profits were up from 2017, but our percentage went down. I'm going off past precedent and predicting less than last year. I hope I'm wrong

You are wrong. 16%.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Why would number of green slips matter? Profit comes after those costs?
Quote: Why would number of green slips matter? Profit comes after those costs?
Higher pilot earnings directly affect the profit sharing formula. Since the PS pool remains the same, lower earnings would drive the percentage up while higher earnings drive the percentage down.

Denny
Don’t forget to subtract ALPA’s slice of the pie..
When you come up with a number.
not following ? After quarter 3 517 million was put into the pool. Wasn’t the higher GS number already factored in as an expense when that number was accrued and put in the pot?
Quote: not following ? After quarter 3 517 million was put into the pool. Wasn’t the higher GS number already factored in as an expense when that number was accrued and put in the pot?
The pot is divided by the employee total payroll to arrive at the percentage of the payout. If that payroll increases due to pay raises, overtime or a increase in employee headcount the percentage paid will drop. This year the increase in the profit sharing pool will be more than enough to offset the increase in wages however not to the extent many think. I am still thinking 16.3%.
This thread is starting to sound a bit like the augmented domestic flights where many here tried to argue it was cheaper to fly transcons with 3 pilots vice two.
the .gov gets all of mine. It's a good problem but it still sucks.
Quote: Broncos....I lived it but don't remember(and didn't archive it). Can you post what the % payouts were from inception of PS?

Originally Posted by AirbusPTC View Post
Profit Sharing payout history:

2006: 0
2007: 5.5%
2008: 0
2009: 0
2010: 6.5%
2011: 4.9%
2012: 6.7%
2013: 8.3%
2014: 16.6%
2015: 21.46%
2016: 17.81%
2017: 15.10%
2018: 14.1%
My guess is around 16 percent as well...

When do we normally find out the percentage? If I remember, wasn’t it mid January last year?
Quote: My guess is around 16 percent as well...

When do we normally find out the percentage? If I remember, wasn’t it mid January last year?
I agree with around the 16% number.

Last year Ed announced it at his LEAD meeting which took place a few weeks before Valentine’s Day.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  14 
Page 4 of 19
Go to