2020 System Bid Rumormill Churn

Subscribe
4  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18 
Page 14 of 23
Go to
Quote: I heard September as well, didn’t hear the specific date though.
Thats a Sunday... Doubt it.
MD fleet captain said expect a September bid.
FedEx plans to continue to hire pilots for the rest of the year. A bid is expected in September. Reports are a 10% chance of new pilots coming to the 11. The new recommendation system is expected to be live on August 1. Watch for an FCIF with the details.”
How likely is a junior pilot to get a winter ITU slot for 777 with a September/fall bid, considering your past observations? Trying to give the family a roughly timeline
Quote: How likely is a junior pilot to get a winter ITU slot for 777 with a September/fall bid, considering your past observations? Trying to give the family a roughly timeline
If there are Training Slots available during November and December, I could see those going fairly Junior. Nobody likes to be in Training during the Holidays. Otherwise the Junior ITU slots are in the Summer when folks are taking their Vacations.
Quote: FedEx plans to continue to hire pilots for the rest of the year. A bid is expected in September. Reports are a 10% chance of new pilots coming to the 11. The new recommendation system is expected to be live on August 1. Watch for an FCIF with the details.”
With the amount of draft taking place they are still canceling flights due to MD-11 right seat lack of manning. If peak ends up being on top of our current flying they won't be able to make it work unless they hire into the MD-11 right seat now. If they don't, we'll that's a bold move cotton.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Quote: With the amount of draft taking place they are still canceling flights due to MD-11 right seat lack of manning. If peak ends up being on top of our current flying they won't be able to make it work unless they hire into the MD-11 right seat now. If they don't, we'll that's a bold move cotton.

​​​​​Exactly. We need people in class now. The multiple draft phone calls on my days off are staggering.
Quote: With the amount of draft taking place they are still canceling flights due to MD-11 right seat lack of manning. If peak ends up being on top of our current flying they won't be able to make it work unless they hire into the MD-11 right seat now. If they don't, we'll that's a bold move cotton.

They might not be able to. Are all the slots on the MD filled from the last bid? If they are, I don’t Think they can hire into it until the post a vacancy.
Quote: They might not be able to. Are all the slots on the MD filled from the last bid? If they are, I don’t Think they can hire into it until the post a vacancy.
MD-11 FO MEM filled to 75% on Vacancy 19-01, but was likely filled to 100% during the course of Hiring in 2019.

I count 47 New Hires in that seat since the Vacancy award posting for 19-01.
Quote: MD-11 FO MEM filled to 75% on Vacancy 19-01, but was likely filled to 100% during the course of Hiring in 2019.

I count 47 New Hires in that seat since the Vacancy award posting for 19-01.
there are more than 200 md FOs. If 75% is accurate they’ve got room for significantly more than 47.
4  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18 
Page 14 of 23
Go to