Atlas 767 CA move to Spirit

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 7
Go to
Quote: 17 x 300 = 5100. 2550 captains. Ie everyone on property April 2020. Woohoo
And to continue that vast oversimplification, with the last delivery for now in 2027, a possible 7+ year upgrade for the plug! YMMV
Who says we’re stopping at 300 airplanes?
Quote: Who says we’re stopping at 300 airplanes?
Prolly the same guy who said we were stopping at 150...
Captains are more than 50% of the seniority list. This is mostly because they get more vacation time, and use more medical leave. Not to mention they are more likely to work in the training department than First Officers.

Not sure the average rolling seniority required to hold Captain, maybe 57% or so? It's pretty dynamic right now. Skewed by those that bypass upgrade for a lengthy period. Also the massive surge to catch up on Captain upgrades from the lost year. When the company kicked the tires on their new PBS toy, thinking it was far faster than it was. It's still pretty fast though.

Wasn't this thread about a Giant trying on SpiritWings though? Make the leap man, Bezos already spent y'all's money on his midlife crisis.
Quote: I Just flew with a captain who was at 2 years 7 months. He just finished OE in December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You sound like my wife. So what did it cost. Oh about 200. Was really 277 but lower sounds better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Captains are more than 50% of the seniority list. This is mostly because they get more vacation time, and use more medical leave. Not to mention they are more likely to work in the training department than First Officers.

Not sure the average rolling seniority required to hold Captain, maybe 57% or so? It's pretty dynamic right now. Skewed by those that bypass upgrade for a lengthy period. Also the massive surge to catch up on Captain upgrades from the lost year. When the company kicked the tires on their new PBS toy, thinking it was far faster than it was. It's still pretty fast though.

Wasn't this thread about a Giant trying on SpiritWings though? Make the leap man, Bezos already spent y'all's money on his midlife crisis.
its around 65% right now....while you are correct that part of this is due to staffing more captains than FO’s, the biggest reason is due to our horrible RSV qol. Fact is, a lot of FO’s are bypassing because they don’t wanna be on RSV.
Quote: its around 65% right now....while you are correct that part of this is due to staffing more captains than FO’s, the biggest reason is due to our horrible RSV qol. Fact is, a lot of FO’s are bypassing because they don’t wanna be on RSV.
besides not being able to move days around, what’s so bad about our reserve?
Quote: its around 65% right now....while you are correct that part of this is due to staffing more captains than FO’s, the biggest reason is due to our horrible RSV qol. Fact is, a lot of FO’s are bypassing because they don’t wanna be on RSV.

This. I know a lot of guys passing to stay off reserve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With current utilization commuting to reserve means days in a crashpad or hotel vs. extra days at home for one. Especially meh if you live in another base as a senior FO.
Quote: With current utilization commuting to reserve means days in a crashpad or hotel vs. extra days at home for one. Especially meh if you live in another base as a senior FO.
well sure, but that’s the same about any airline. It’s why upgrade is down to 3 years at AA as well. Nobody wants to sit reserve in LGA.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 7
Go to