Army RW with a C-12 offer

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
My last two sims partners have been Army fixed wing proficiency types.
my last on in Jan was great. Young motivated guy has about three years left.
The previous one could fly her way out of a wet paper bag. I thought her steep turns were dive bombing runs.
Like most.....a wide variety. Though I also know very experienced Army FW guys who aren’t getting the call.
Good times, but still strange times.
Just trying to decide if I should definitely move to the C-12 or stay UH-60. I love both rotor wing and fix wing world but at the same time I’m trying to polish my resume as much as possible.

im currently at a regional so I won’t bypass the “glamorous” regional world
Quote: Just trying to decide if I should definitely move to the C-12 or stay UH-60. I love both rotor wing and fix wing world but at the same time I’m trying to polish my resume as much as possible.

im currently at a regional so I won’t bypass the “glamorous” regional world
If you are already flying P121, it isn’t C-12 time that is going to get you to the legacies.
well it will not be RW time that gets you there.

get the C-12 time and try to get a Safety Officer role, etc. or Line Check Airman role
Do it
I taught the Army FW course for 8 years out of the Dothan airport and former 121 guy as well. I can say from the guys I taught that it doesn’t matter if it is a KA, which model KA, or anything else. You will be very well-respected going into interview with Any of the majors or LCCs. My students are all over the place and most of them never touched a regional. You already have 121 training and time. Do the C-12 deal and the doors will open. It may not happen overnight, but you guys tend to advance to “PC” pretty quickly and the the instructor/safety positions are usually pretty quick too. A guy I went to high school with made it through the fixed wing course and is currently an SP at Cairns in just under 3 years. Got an offer from SW with zero jet time and zero part 121 time. You would be hard pressed to do that at any regional, plus the Army flight pay is a lot better while you wait!
Quote: I taught the Army FW course for 8 years out of the Dothan airport and former 121 guy as well. I can say from the guys I taught that it doesn’t matter if it is a KA, which model KA, or anything else. You will be very well-respected going into interview with Any of the majors or LCCs. My students are all over the place and most of them never touched a regional. You already have 121 training and time. Do the C-12 deal and the doors will open. It may not happen overnight, but you guys tend to advance to “PC” pretty quickly and the the instructor/safety positions are usually pretty quick too. A guy I went to high school with made it through the fixed wing course and is currently an SP at Cairns in just under 3 years. Got an offer from SW with zero jet time and zero part 121 time. You would be hard pressed to do that at any regional, plus the Army flight pay is a lot better while you wait!
this is indeed happening
Quote: exactly what model of C-12.
In many services, C-12s are KA200s, not -350s.
I flew: C-12C/D/R/U/V, RC-12K/X and MARSS.

So based on military experience, received types in, BE-200, BE-300....also typed in the EO-5C, but that’s a totally different beast.
Quote: I flew: C-12C/D/R/U/V, RC-12K/X and MARSS.

So based on military experience, received types in, BE-200, BE-300....also typed in the EO-5C, but that’s a totally different beast.
I had to look up that EO-5C.
I knew of the aircraft, but not that designation.
I see them at Biggs AAF if I’m not mistaken.
Quote: I had to look up that EO-5C.
I knew of the aircraft, but not that designation.
I see them at Biggs AAF if I’m not mistaken.
-7. Being replaced w the -8. At Biggs and Desadario.
Quote: My last two sims partners have been Army fixed wing proficiency types.
my last on in Jan was great. Young motivated guy has about three years left.
The previous one could fly her way out of a wet paper bag. I thought her steep turns were dive bombing runs.
Like most.....a wide variety. Though I also know very experienced Army FW guys who aren’t getting the call.
Good times, but still strange times.
Dive bombs....that’s funny. Yes, we have our 10%. Everyone does. Was she a Warrant Officer? or RLO? That usually makes a difference. Not aways, but usually.

Every Army FW guy I know that has applied to a Legacy has gotten a CJO. That doesn’t mean every/all......just every Army FW guy I know.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to