Any rumors of class cancellations ?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 20
Go to
In a bit of a predicament, have a class date in April, currently at a 135. Have to give notice NLT tomorrow to current company, but getting pretty worried about being out on the street if PSA decides to stop classes.

Anybody heard any rumors or suspect that may be coming?
How tight is staffing at your current gig? Would they be likely to take you back even after you resigned?
Quote: How tight is staffing at your current gig? Would they be likely to take you back even after you resigned?
Been a great employee, never called out sick, always on time etc. I don’t see why not, but then again they are probably going to be at least disappointed that I’m leaving.

I really just don’t know...sure is a crap situation to be in!
Approach it just like you did here, give them your notice pending the start date of your class.

I wouldn't change anything until you hear it from the company directly, rather than internet rumors.
AA just cancelled classes after March 17th. Things are only going to trickle down. The flow is stopped and that was one of the biggest attrition variables.
Quote: In a bit of a predicament, have a class date in April, currently at a 135. Have to give notice NLT tomorrow to current company, but getting pretty worried about being out on the street if PSA decides to stop classes.

Call or email the hiring folks. I just talked to them and they say that PSA is going to continue hiring.
Quote: In a bit of a predicament, have a class date in April, currently at a 135. Have to give notice NLT tomorrow to current company, but getting pretty worried about being out on the street if PSA decides to stop classes.

Just email Liz. You will most likely have met her at your interview and have her email address. She should be able to calm your fears. No slowing of hiring at PSA.
AA WO regionals will probably be the last to feel much of a pinch. AA will likely cut the contract carriers and keep the WO airlines intact at all costs. Not a good time to be at a non-WO regional, but things at PSA/PDT/Envoy should remain good.
Quote: AA WO regionals will probably be the last to feel much of a pinch. AA will likely cut the contract carriers and keep the WO airlines intact at all costs. Not a good time to be at a non-WO regional, but things at PSA/PDT/Envoy should remain good.
You realize contract carries have min block hours right? Wholly owns do not. They are forced to honor those contracts with them and wholly owns always historically get cut first. It’s just how it works.
a contract without caveats ? doubt it
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 20
Go to