Miami Air Files for Ch11

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 6 of 7
Go to
Quote: If Miami Air is gone, who will cover all the sports team charters? It seems like all the businesses that specializes in this market are taking a significant hit.
Swift Air / iAero would likely chomp at the bit to add more sports charters once/if that starts up again.
Quote: If Miami Air is gone, who will cover all the sports team charters? It seems like all the businesses that specializes in this market are taking a significant hit.
ATI, Omni, Swift, Allegiant, Sun Country just to name a few off the top of my head.
The CBA
Is now in the hands of the court. We’ll see what a judge and trustee decide. If it gets sold, there may or may not be jobs for everyone. Any monies owed would most likely disappear or pennies on the dollar could be recouped but doubtful. The airline is broke. It’s all about saving jobs now. Best of luck to the MAI people. It’s really bad timing.
Quote: Swift Air / iAero would likely chomp at the bit to add more sports charters once/if that starts up again.
At this point I'd say ANY airline from Delta to ATI and everyone in between would bid on these contracts. They're all looking for other revenue streams.
Best wishes for my friends at MAI.
Any idea who the two bidders are? And is this possible to do before the 8th?
Well thats all she wrote for Miami Air. Miami Air ceased operations as of today.
Sorry to hear that. It was a truly great operation.
Quote: Sorry to hear that. It was a truly great operation.
Was it though?
Miami Air DONE
As an 18 year Captain there I can say we saw the writing on the wall for months now, even before COVID-19 because of management's lack of vision and inability to attract and retain quality pilots needed to grow the business. Then the rug got pulled out and despite management's struggle to adapt to the current situation, there just wasn't enough financing to keep a 3 airplane 25 pilot operation going til things picked up... The holding company TSI held out for a better deal as several potential buyers made offers. Apparently TSI thought the company was worth more in liquidation than keeping it alive til returns on investments could be made. Go figure!
Perhaps the one and only accident in nearly 30 years of operation at Navy JAX also played a role since the lawyers are still circling the wreckage... Law suits pending! Good luck with that...
Delta flight ops said they are in talks with several new sports teams that another airline dropped so....
2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 6 of 7
Go to