Pilot ETO Program

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 5 of 7
Go to
Or there are no longer flights to commute on.
Let's make a deal sucka!
Quote: Compared to the offer AA got, this doesn’t even come close. For where I’m at, 5 year FO pay its $3000 less a month.

AA offer of 55 hours a month at 169/hr = $9300
SW offer of 44TFP a month at 143/tfp = $6300

Maybe they think SWAG points will make up for it!!
If this doesn't turn around by June, their won't be an AAL, so they can offer anything they want, they aren't going to have to pay it. They could offer a kabillion zillion dollars per day if they want, nobody will see a dime once the company is on it's butt.
American Airlines isn't going anywhere. They may furlough, enter bankruptcy, emerge lean and mean, but you're fooling yourself if you think that they're going out of business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who's going to be the Lehman Bros or Bear Stearns of the airlines when the bottom drops out? While major banks were bailed out in '08, there were a couple that cratered before the government stepped in. Or do you think taxpayers are going to be on the hook for all the airlines?
Quote: Who's going to be the Lehman Bros or Bear Stearns of the airlines when the bottom drops out? While major banks were bailed out in '08, there were a couple that cratered before the government stepped in. Or do you think taxpayers are going to be on the hook for all the airlines?
Delta.....they have no plan and are in scheduling chaos.
Well, we have six months of certain survivability based on snapshot of today. In 12 months of worst case status quo, SWA is gone.
Quote: Well, we have six months of certain survivability based on snapshot of today. In 12 months of worst case status quo, SWA is gone.

Why would you think this? IMO, if SWA is gone so are many others. They by far have the most dense network domestically, the best balance sheet, and credit rating. So, I'm honestly curious why you think this.

Quote: Why would you think this? IMO, if SWA is gone so are many others. They by far have the most dense network domestically, the best balance sheet, and credit rating. So, I'm honestly curious why you think this.

because Gary has said this very frankly several times.
Quote: because Gary has said this very frankly several times.
SWA is the most financially sound carrier. Several workgroups are negotiating at this time and Gary will say just about anything to gain concessions. Gary took a 10% cut in pay due to the coronavirus while other CEOs dropped to zero. He can pack sand.
Quote: SWA is the most financially sound carrier. Several workgroups are negotiating at this time and Gary will say just about anything to gain concessions. Gary took a 10% cut in pay due to the coronavirus while other CEOs dropped to zero. He can pack sand.
Amen. He took a 10% cut of his BASE SALARY which is only a part of his total compensation package.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 5 of 7
Go to