SWA may reject bailout?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 11
Go to
Maybe the no accusations is the hang up. A few competitors are pretty cheap right now
Quote: Maybe the no accusations is the hang up. A few competitors are pretty cheap right now

I missed that part in the initial read through. Interesting....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Maybe the no accusations is the hang up. A few competitors are pretty cheap right now
I missed the no acquisitions clause in the video. I'll watch again.
The internal memo just sent to employees certainly seems to indicate that SWA is moving away from the Gubmint cheese. 🧀 If they go this route, they had better get out in front of this quickly, and settle the troops. If the battle cry going forward is that we are going this alone, and want to be there to capitalize on the other side, I could see the group pulling together. The carnage that is ahead is beyond regrettable. For now, if SWA goes this way, we dance with the one who brought us, and fight to get through this together.
Quote: The internal memo just sent to employees certainly seems to indicate that SWA is moving away from the Gubmint cheese. 🧀 If they go this route, they had better get out in front of this quickly, and settle the troops. If the battle cry going forward is that we are going this alone, and want to be there to capitalize on the other side, I could see the group pulling together. The carnage that is ahead is beyond regrettable. For now, if SWA goes this way, we dance with the one who brought us, and fight to get through this together.
unless I missed something it just said they were going to analyze everything and make sure it was the best thing to do. Didn’t read as they’d made a decision one way or another.
Quote: unless I missed something it just said they were going to analyze everything and make sure it was the best thing to do. Didn’t read as they’d made a decision one way or another.

I wonder if they've got institutional investors lobbying for them not to take the money so they can keep getting their "capital deployment" fix.

Referencing one of the above posts: Yes, they did not say for certain, but as opposed to, for example, UAL which announced straight away that they were all-in, SWA seems to be CONSIDERING a different track.
Quote: The internal memo just sent to employees certainly seems to indicate that SWA is moving away from the Gubmint cheese. 🧀 If they go this route, they had better get out in front of this quickly, and settle the troops. If the battle cry going forward is that we are going this alone, and want to be there to capitalize on the other side, I could see the group pulling together. The carnage that is ahead is beyond regrettable. For now, if SWA goes this way, we dance with the one who brought us, and fight to get through this together.
Bought? Acquire? What’s the rationale to grow through consolidation when everyone will contract passing this event.
Quote: I wonder if they've got institutional investors lobbying for them not to take the money so they can keep getting their "capital deployment" fix.

Any rumors of Buffett making an offer to take the company private? It would seem to be an opportune time for him to make a move, and SWA is the top of the list as far as airlines go.
Quote: Any rumors of Buffett making an offer to take the company private? It would seem to be an opportune time for him to make a move, and SWA is the top of the list as far as airlines go.

None that I've heard.

1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 11
Go to