Denying Jumpseaters

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to
Quote: The jump-seat is PIC authority..................... Im not saying I agree with the guys decision but details matter. Did jumpseaters notify him in advance? How long was the flight? How many total jumpseaters? What configuration of airplane and what type(Did it have a sleep can/rest facility)? I would say he was not making a wise decision if he denied 2 pilots a jumpseat from MEM-ICT but if it was a 777 from DXB-MEM with 4 crew and 4 jumpers then I would say he made the correct call. Details matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You start chastising PIC authority you might as well write your career off.
From reading most of your post, I take it that you’ve probably been on property 3-5 years, live in base, took the first upgrade “757” do some work with the Union and/or looking for a union position.
Seriously guys? Denying j/s is what its coming to. Y'all refusing to go into AOC or riding in the crew bus? How about asking the jumpseaters to wear a mask and some gloves. You realize the airlines are no longer a viable option to get to work.
Quote: So we really have Captains out there denying their own crewmembers rides home on the jumpseat ? Special group we have here ...
I believe part of the problem is that CRS, or someone, is revising trips to put people on jumpseats, when commercial flights with available seats within the fly window are still an option. Which is a clear violation of section 8 of the contract.
Quote: I believe part of the problem is that CRS, or someone, is revising trips to put people on jumpseats, when commercial flights with available seats within the fly window are still an option. Which is a clear violation of section 8 of the contract.
It could also mean the crew members feel safer on our jumpseats than riding pax planes and going through terminals......
Quote: It could also mean the crew members feel safer on our jumpseats than riding pax planes and going through terminals......

Pax planes are dead empty and airports are too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: It could also mean the crew members feel safer on our jumpseats than riding pax planes and going through terminals......
JF is full of complaints about getting stuck on our js to go intl with every seat filled with ACM or RFO’s, saying it’s not safe. The same people want to be packed like sardines to SEA or DEN. You can see the inconsistency.
I am bringing back a full boat from HKG to MEM later this week. I will not leave a fellow pilot behind. I did however send out a email telling the JS the situation and that they would need to be quiet, clean up after themselves and be flexible where they were asked to sit by the resting crewmen. However each Captain can run their ship how they see fit.
I made my barber wear a mask because there was no way he coulda done his job with social distancing (I gave him one of mine); its not unreasonable to ask the same of our co-workers.
Quote: Is Fred providing masks domestically if you ask for them?

Seems asking jumpers to wear a mask would mitigate potential risk and not screw a jumpseater...
Fred is not providing anything besides sanicoms and screen wipes for domestic crews/jumpseaters. The answer I was given this morning was "they are short on supply kits and have to save them for international ops only"
We can sit 4,5,12 hrs with operating crew members but we can't give our own guys a ride home? Same, "all about me mentality".
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to