Politics Thread

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 10
Go to
Quote: We could have a separate thread that discusses cars as well...
Whoa, fixed it for you.
Quote: ...they’ve become difficult to police.
How hard could it be to order and enforce a lockdown of all but essential posts?
Quote: How hard could it be to order and enforce a lockdown of all but essential posts?
At the very least, could we please ask people making political comments to space them out in each thread at least 6 posts from similar political posts
Quote: I got an infraction yesterday, so it's still being policed.
How many points did you get? Personal best was 8.
I like Candidate “X”. Candidate “Y” is a scumbag.

Party “Y” hates Americans and loves bad things. But I really think Party “X” loves the working man, and truly has my best interests at heart.

(Seriously...voting is a suckers bet. Your vote/letter DOES NOT make a difference. Donate bribe monies to ALPA and hope for the best. Ain’t nobody gonna’ save you but yourself).
I’m not really a fan of the Tories or the Whigs. Would be nice to have a third option.
Quote: I’m not really a fan of the Tories or the Whigs. Would be nice to have a third option.
While I know that was in jest, the T v W is more insightful to current US politics than pretty much anyone who’s politics begin/end with the founding myths of the US appreciates.

Aficionado’s of history who know something about The English Civil War have a much better understanding of truly foundational American politics than most.

“Albion’s Seed” is a fascinating book on this. This cliff notes version is “American Nations, A History of the Eleven Rival Regional Cultures of North America” is excellent. The past, as they say, is prologue. The New England puritans, cast offs/outs from the English civil wars are still with us...and they are very, very much in charge. (Think...Harvard, Princeton).

But I digress. Go Team X!!!
Quote: While I know that was in jest, the T v W is more insightful to current US politics than pretty much anyone who’s politics begin/end with the founding myths of the US appreciates.

Aficionado’s of history who know something about The English Civil War have a much better understanding of truly foundational American politics than most.

“Albion’s Seed” is a fascinating book on this. This cliff notes version is “American Nations, A History of the Eleven Rival Regional Cultures of North America” is excellent. The past, as they say, is prologue. The New England puritans, cast offs/outs from the English civil wars are still with us...and they are very, very much in charge. (Think...Harvard, Princeton).

But I digress. Go Team X!!!
Sincerely interesting in regards to the political origins. I’m going to check it out.

But Team X? You’ve got to be kidding me. 😤. 😉
It would be interesting to see if the results of the November election would be any different than if we had the election today. Is there really that many people undecided? I havent met anyone that is undecided these days.
Quote: It would be interesting to see if the results of the November election would be any different than if we had the election today. Is there really that many people undecided? I havent met anyone that is undecided these days.
I’m undecided on whether I’ll actually show up and give a **** enough to vote.

which, I guess, might explain voter suppression efforts 🤔
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 10
Go to