It’s not about YOU.....masks coming 5/8

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 12
Go to
Quote: Say a P3 is booked EWR-STN or whatever long segment. And also let’s say the P3 JS only has an N95 mask. Does anyone believe it is healthy, comfortable, practical, etc to wear a tight fitting N95 mask for 8+ hours? That is just not realistic.

gateways have plenty of lightweight masks from what i have seen
If a fart can get thru your underpants and past your jeans for the world to enjoy, how does a piece of glorified toilet paper stop an infectious virus?
Quote: If a fart can get thru your underpants and past your jeans for the world to enjoy, how does a piece of glorified toilet paper stop an infectious virus?
Don’t confuse people with facts,

It is all about virtue signaling. Being a “good” and “courteous” person.

It doesn’t really matter if it is effective or not as long as you act like it is.
Quote: Say a P3 is booked EWR-STN or whatever long segment. And also let’s say the P3 JS only has an N95 mask. Does anyone believe it is healthy, comfortable, practical, etc to wear a tight fitting N95 mask for 8+ hours? That is just not realistic.
FYI people, N95 masks are only good for 8 hours of use, then they have to either be disinfected or thrown away.
Quote: Try it instead of speculating.

Oh, not speculation at all. I can barely wear it for half hour or so.
If you need oxygen, you're in an emergency situation. Take the fraction of a second to remove your mask as your donning the o² mask. Emergency. Deviate from far's and fom as needed. You think in the aftermath of a smoke in the cabin or depressurization incident anyone will find fault with you removing your mask? Keep in mind, the oxygen equipment IS a mask, probably even giving you better protection than the bandana or well used paper mask.
Quote: Oh, not speculation at all. I can barely wear it for half hour or so.
I can't wear the company headset very long either so I bring my own. Find something that works, even a bandana, and wear it as needed. Simple.
Quote: I can't wear the company headset very long either so I bring my own. Find something that works, even a bandana, and wear it as needed. Simple.

This is how you can tell this isnt about actual safety, but merely to make people feel better. Up until Covid 19, any health professional would have told you things like bandanas do absolutely nothing to prevent spread of a virus. Youre putting cloth on your face for no good reason at all.
Quote: This is how you can tell this isnt about actual safety, but merely to make people feel better. Up until Covid 19, any health professional would have told you things like bandanas do absolutely nothing to prevent spread of a virus. Youre putting cloth on your face for no good reason at all.
Could be, but now you have some saying otherwise and your company buying it. They sign the checks. How's it go, "their monkey, their football"?
Quote: Could be, but now you have some saying otherwise and your company buying it. They sign the checks. How's it go, "their monkey, their football"?

The company isnt telling people to wear a mask while operating, you are...
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 12
Go to