Spirits position in South America

Subscribe
5  6  7  8  9 
Page 9 of 9
Go to
Quote: Out of ORD we’ve had some pairing that’ll start at 9pm or around that that goes ORD-DEN-FLL into 12-13 hours of rest to do a red eye jungle turn getting back to the hotel on day three at 6-7AM. Then you rest until 5am or some shiit and fly three legs or something ridiculously long to end the trip. My body is toast at the end of those. Just because I had 20 hours of layover doesn’t mean I can just swap my internal clock for that day 4 push.
We have almost identical pairings at F9. I remember the first time I saw one, I almost laughed and thought it must be some kind of error, no way something like that should be legal.

One of the few legitimate complaints I have about the job.
Quote: File a fatigue report. The only way we’ll get the company to stop this nonsense.
yep. This should be emphasized. Even if you are good to fly but see that the pairing is potentially dangerous because of its build you should file an informational fatigue report.
Quote: Let's not kid ourselves, it would mainly be about removing a competitor. NK is the toughest competition on our Florida routes.

Additionally, JB needs to densify our A321s to something closer to yours. Instead of our 200 seaters running NE-Florida we should have a 220 seater doing it. Same with our 162-seat A320s moving to something around 168-174 seats. The combined carrier wouldn't be a ULCC, but we would adopt some of the characteristics and become a lower cost LCC.

And let's talk about FLL. We'd have an instant fortress hub, which has been a talking point of JB in recent years, with room to expand to S.America. While the higher cost legacies beat each other up down in MIA we could have some peace and quiet in FLL.
And all of these are reasons why the government would not let a merger happen...
Quote: And all of these are reasons why the government would not let a merger happen...
I dunno. We’ve got a pretty accommodating administration in place. They might very well allow a lot of things that were semi unthinkable only a few months ago if they think it’ll keep some airlines alive.
Quote: And all of these are reasons why the government would not let a merger happen...
LMFAO........riiiiiight
Quote: LMFAO........riiiiiight
I don’t know what SWA’s gameplan is, but an $18B war chest suggests plans to make moves as soon as the market seems attractive to do it. The rare opportunity to take market share from the other big 3 while maybe eliminating a competitor or two at near rock bottom prices will be too tempting for WN to pass up imoho.
Quote: I don’t know what SWA’s gameplan is, but an $18B war chest suggests plans to make moves as soon as the market seems attractive to do it. The rare opportunity to take market share from the other big 3 while maybe eliminating a competitor or two at near rock bottom prices will be too tempting for WN to pass up imoho.
I completely agree. Totally. What I don’t agree with at all is that the gubment won’t let another merger happen. That’s preposterous.
Quote: I completely agree. Totally. What I don’t agree with at all is that the gubment won’t let another merger happen. That’s preposterous.
Particularly under this DOJ with at least 3 of the big 4 being forced to trim their fleet sizes and pilot groups considerably. Something the size of AAL and UAL hitching up would probably be balked at, but everything else would be pretty much rubber stamped in my opinion.
5  6  7  8  9 
Page 9 of 9
Go to