JetBlue Partnership

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 21
Go to
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Super. Glad the beer fridge is stocked for when I get home from my trip later. Rough 24 hours.
Why do I feel like this is going to be good for American Airlines investors and bad for American Airlines employees?
Quote: Why do I feel like this is going to be good for American Airlines investors and bad for American Airlines employees?
Makes DAL-style profit sharing (or better) all the more essential post-COVID. Much like it was our Delta friends’ only skin in the game when it comes to all of their KLM/Air France/Virgin/AeroMexico/WestJet/Korean/etc outsourcing, it’ll be ours with this JetBlue and Alaska outsourcing.
Quote: Makes DAL-style profit sharing (or better) all the more essential post-COVID. Much like it was our Delta friends’ only skin in the game when it comes to all of their KLM/Air France/Virgin/AeroMexico/WestJet/Korean/etc outsourcing, it’ll be ours with this JetBlue and Alaska outsourcing.
and much like Delta we could secure great profit sharing terms during a huge economic downturn with an eye towards the future just like Delta did back in 2008 or whenever they got that agreement. Haven't seen the details about the JetBlue deal but my initial thought is it seems ok. We get the international route with the built in feed that we don't have to compete for and add international routes on our metal. In an ideal world yeah we would feed it all with our own metal but that doesn't seem to work for us in NYC.
Quote: Makes DAL-style profit sharing (or better) all the more essential post-COVID. Much like it was our Delta friends’ only skin in the game when it comes to all of their KLM/Air France/Virgin/AeroMexico/WestJet/Korean/etc outsourcing, it’ll be ours with this JetBlue and Alaska outsourcing.
One key difference though, a simple codeshare agreement doesn’t involve sharing revenue, whereas JVs do. Delta was/is heavy on JVs. I don’t see AA/B6 JVing anything, at least not right now, as I doubt it would be approved. In other words, neither AA nor B6 stands to gain any revenue from this other than helping to fill each others planes with traffic that may otherwise have gone to another carrier. So PS wouldn’t really be affected by a codeshare with B6 as it wouldn’t bring in B6 revenue/profit, whereas delta does (well, did) gain revenue and profit from their JVs and investment/ownership in foreign carriers.
How many WARN letters did JetBlue send out?
What am I missing here? Codeshare agreements were pretty common during the mid 2000s. How is this any different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Quote: What am I missing here? Codeshare agreements were pretty common during the mid 2000s. How is this any different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s not, guys just want to get angry over the warn letters, neg committee quitting, and what’s now seen as a shady deal with jb, which their own union hid from their pilots until our warn letters went out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 21
Go to