2% pay raise in Oct 2020

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 38
Go to
Quote: You dont think we havent already asked for a yearly 3% raise post amendable date? Think it got soundly rejected, know why? They pay for those 3-4% pay raises by efficiency give backs like SIG SLA, lay flat seats, deviation language, training conflict, best fit for R-days and the list goes on and on and on. How would they pay for that 3% payraise every year post amendable date? Gee I went to state college and understand these company negotiators better than most ALPA ride or die pilots. SMDH.
We don't have it because the MEC brought a crap contract to the crew force and sold it to them as the best they could get. 10 flights a day were being cancelled in August before the TA was announced. We had leverage like we never had before and the union sold us a crap sandwich.

Don't blame me, I voted NO. If the Emerald Coast guy had not gotten his minions to follow his lead, it probably would not have passed.

I understand that we get what we negotiate, but sometimes you must say NO to get the deal you deserve.

When will our pilots learn that one?
Quote: You dont think we havent already asked for a yearly 3% raise post amendable date? Think it got soundly rejected, know why? They pay for those 3-4% pay raises by efficiency give backs like SIG SLA, lay flat seats, deviation language, training conflict, best fit for R-days and the list goes on and on and on. How would they pay for that 3% payraise every year post amendable date? Gee I went to state college and understand these company negotiators better than most ALPA ride or die pilots. SMDH.

Do you believe that all the FDX contracts are cost neutral? Do you believe it has to be cost neutral?
Quote: Do you believe that all the FDX contracts are cost neutral? Do you believe it has to be cost neutral?
from a corp stand point they are cost neutral. Go listen to last few corp fin analysts calls. Corp is paying less ( crew costs) to move a box now than 10 yrs ago. Its a fact if willing to look.

of course it doesnt have to be but look whose in drivers seat.
Quote: Im sure the company would rather give you a 2% raise, when they feel like it, as apposed to the 4% raise you received this past November (Per the CBA) and the 3% raise you will receive in a few months. If you would like this one time 2% raise then you are part of the problem. Thanks gosh we have a CBA
I bet dudes love flyin with you. GFY.
Quote: you forgot the 0% raise you will get for the next 3 years after that - thank you yes voters for a 6 year contract with no provision for additional raises
Thats why the last contract had an immediate 11% raise and a signing bonus. I understand it doesent make up for it all but it definitely isnt a 0% gain.
Quote: I bet dudes love flyin with you. GFY.
What did I say that’s inaccurate? Its funny how pilots go “where is my 2% raise” when we just got a 4% and shortly get another 3%. Thats why we have a contract. If you want your random 2% when the company feels like it then go join a none union shop. Be my guest
Quote: Thats why the last contract had an immediate 11% raise and a signing bonus. I understand it doesent make up for it all but it definitely isnt a 0% gain.
Ever hear of the time value of money? You didn't get a raise for 2 years!
Quote: Ever hear of the time value of money? You didn't get a raise for 2 years!
Thats what I said in my post brother. It didn't fully make up for it but definitely wasn't 0%
Quote: Thats what I said in my post brother. It didn't fully make up for it but definitely wasn't 0%
This is the wrong way to look at it - the large raise at signing didn't make up anything. I will let you do the math on how much money you lost over two years only to have you pay rates bumped up after two years of no raises.
Quote: This is the wrong way to look at it - the large raise at signing didn't make up anything. I will let you do the math on how much money you lost over two years only to have you pay rates bumped up after two years of no raises.
Well you will never have negotiations take 0 time. Even those who had a me to clause are now loosing because no raises are being given for a long time to come at those properties. In fact concessions are being floated.

Remember the document AK posted to JF that debunks a lot of this 4 year contract or 6 year contract debate. Having shorter contracts doesn't lead to more money.
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 38
Go to