Iah 175

Subscribe
2  8  9  10  11  12  13  14 
Page 12 of 14
Go to
Holding a line in IAH as FO
Folks,
I’m thinking about coming to Skywest from another regional. Don’t beat me up too bad for making lateral move.
I’m 56 and am making the decision based upon the possibility of not making it to a major.
What do you think my chances are of being a line holder on the EJET in IAH within 6 months?
Quote: Folks,
I’m thinking about coming to Skywest from another regional. Don’t beat me up too bad for making lateral move.
I’m 56 and am making the decision based upon the possibility of not making it to a major.
What do you think my chances are of being a line holder on the EJET in IAH within 6 months?
The AA WO's are paying $150k for DEC's, and then retention bonuses of $150k when you flow in 6 or so years...and people are still talking about going to somewhere like SkyWest? Seriously?!?!
Not always ALL about money
Quote: The AA WO's are paying $150k for DEC's, and then retention bonuses of $150k when you flow in 6 or so years...and people are still talking about going to somewhere like SkyWest? Seriously?!?!
Sir do u really think I’ll flow to AA at 62 1/2?
If I did I’d sit reserve in a hotel for 2 1/2 years. Come on now, why don’t we stick to the question that was asked. Seriously!
Quote: Sir do u really think I’ll flow to AA at 62 1/2?
If I did I’d sit reserve in a hotel for 2 1/2 years. Come on now, why don’t we stick to the question that was asked. Seriously!

Take part of the bonus and don’t flow. You could even direct entry Captain depending on the hours you have which’s has other bonuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: The AA WO's are paying $150k for DEC's, and then retention bonuses of $150k when you flow in 6 or so years...and people are still talking about going to somewhere like SkyWest? Seriously?!?!
I can’t tell if you’re being serious or trolling.
Quote: Folks,
It’s hard to say right now, new 175 base, 36 lines, but still fairly Jr. for ERJ FO’s. I’d assume they grow it to be much larger, a possibility you’ll be awarded IAH out of training. I won’t give you an answer on being a line holder because that’s just way too speculative. My best guess would be a 3 year upgrade, might have to commute to DEN/ORD initially.

Oh, it’s my understanding you won’t see most of that AA WO bonus money until you actually flow, which you probably won’t flow in 11 years anyways because it’s substantially longer than 6 years. If you’re looking for QOL I wouldn’t touch any AA WO.
Quote: Take part of the bonus and don’t flow. You could even direct entry Captain depending on the hours you have which’s has other bonuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You’re required to flow to receive most of those bonuses.
Line holder or not
Quote: It’s hard to say right now, new 175 base, 36 lines, but still fairly Jr. for ERJ FO’s. I’d assume they grow it to be much larger, a possibility you’ll be awarded IAH out of training. I won’t give you an answer on being a line holder because that’s just way too speculative. My best guess would be a 3 year upgrade, might have to commute to DEN/ORD initially.

Oh, it’s my understanding you won’t see most of that AA WO bonus money until you actually flow, which you probably won’t flow in 11 years anyways because it’s substantially longer than 6 years. If you’re looking for QOL I wouldn’t touch any AA WO.
Appreciate the response.
being on reserve out of base isn’t the worst thing for sure. QOL is living in base for me for sure.
Thank you for the quick response
Quote: It’s hard to say right now, new 175 base, 36 lines, but still fairly Jr. for ERJ FO’s. I’d assume they grow it to be much larger, a possibility you’ll be awarded IAH out of training. I won’t give you an answer on being a line holder because that’s just way too speculative. My best guess would be a 3 year upgrade, might have to commute to DEN/ORD initially.

Either way, being in base is what I’m looking for more than whether on reserve or not. I’d literally double my salary from my current regional.
With the 36 lines, anyone have an info on what that looks like? It’ll be between a 2.5 hour drive to IAH or a commute to either DEN/ORD. Commuting out of state looks more appealing since my airport car isn’t really meant for 2.5 hours drives lol
2  8  9  10  11  12  13  14 
Page 12 of 14
Go to