Boeing Hiring Pilots (737 Typed)

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
Quote: Yes, please don't call anyone a scab unless they actually cross a line. I noted that you did not mention the "S" word.

If BCA union pilots went on strike, and outsourced pilots flew work which reasonably would have been done by union pilots, then yes that sounds like hypothetical scab behavior to me. If the contractors merely continued to do what they had been doing all along, that's not scabbing. A sympathy strike would be appreciated of course but that's not always legal or practical.

But it's hard to get around the fact that it's harder to have a good union situation at small aviation shops... seems like the bigger the better.
Rickair777, an RJ pilot who got his feelings hurt is poking fun at you on the machpoint69 Instagram account.
Quote: that makes everyone who has ever touched an RJ a scab
Does the “SCAB” label apply to 121 pilots picking up open time because of lack of man power in light of recent furloughs?
Quote: Does the “SCAB” label apply to 121 pilots picking up open time because of lack of man power in light of recent furloughs?
I mean, that results in a reduction of required labor, so you’d have to ask the person I quoted
Quote: Does the “SCAB” label apply to 121 pilots picking up open time because of lack of man power in light of recent furloughs?
Nope, that’s a CBA right. It’s a contractual provision. Whether or not you agree with the morality of that is a different topic of discussion. A scab has a very specific definition.
Quote: Nope, that’s a CBA right. It’s a contractual provision. Whether or not you agree with the morality of that is a different topic of discussion. A scab has a very specific definition.
Give the man a cigar! Not crossing a picket line nor flying struck work.
Quote: that makes everyone who has ever touched an RJ a scab
I expected that.
1. Most RJ companies were union, namely ALPA
2. Duane Wuerthless, president of ALPA advocated the RJs go to the regionals since they were “commuter replacements”.
3. ML pilots didn’t want the RJs and in the late 90s and early 2000s had no interest in them. A ML pilot literally told me “how can I expect my reserve buds to come to Delta and start on an RJ when I started on the -9.”
4. RJ didn’t “take” anything but were given what ML didn’t want.

Regionals were given the RJs with the full blessing of ALPA and ALPA ML pilots and it never became an issue until after 9-11 and ML started to furlough. Then they either wanted the planes for themselves but it was too late, or wanted to staple the RJ guys so they could flow down and bump RJs guys to the street, literally a year after they said RJ guys were not worthy of a staple.

I merely stated afl-cio’s position. To me personally there’s more to being a scab than picket lines and struck work because there are additional actions that are designed to damage the union and union workers. The RJ situation wasn’t designed to damage the union, it was a whipsaw for labor costs.
Quote: Give the man a cigar! Not crossing a picket line nor flying struck work.
Spoken like a man paying off the vacation house on the backs of furloughees. It’s not scabbing and it’s contractual, but it’s not cool.
Getting back on track from the philosophical discussion of RJs and the dredging up of all the old RJDC rhetoric (anyone remember them?), the advertised Boeing/CCL positions are a significant expansion of the depth and scope of work that Boeing pilots will do at customer airlines. It is much more than introduction into service line training that the old FT-A group did/does. The group is growing from 24 pilots at the beginning of 2020 to as high as 160 by the end of 2021. It is not just B737 pilots either. They are hiring 70% 737 and the other 30% will be on larger types.
Again
THEY ARE NNNNOOOTTT Boeing pilot’s!
Part of Boeings overall strategy to really get out of Washington state. And more importantly King County. I can imagine the next clean sheet airplane they build will be in Kansas or another business-supportive state. Have a couple friends that work in the Renton plant that figure Boeing will build a Max assembly line in the midwest somewhere. Ship all of their instructor corp offshore and relocate their test pilot corp out to the midwest and Boeing will have a shot at being a successful commercial airframe company again.
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to