Kalitta Pilots CBA update

Subscribe
30  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  50 
Page 40 of 57
Go to
Quote: Perhaps there is a misunderstanding here. Layoff days were created by the company when the Union closed the multiple 1-7 loophole the company was using to save money.
Layover days have been around for the last two contracts. They did not create them to combat the 1/7 loophole. The only place they were used in the past was the HNL lines.
Does ABX ever have 2 layoff days in a row? If so ABX rule is waaaayyyy better than K4. .[/QUOTE]

Yes....4 day layovers PDX, SAN, LEJ, 48 hr SJU numerous 36 hr layovers. No phone calls or ck ins. Call to company within 30 mn of arrival see you at show time planeside 4days later for departure. We used to do 5-6 day layovers in Europe, guys hit the ground running and did not get back to the hotel until hours before departure.
Back in the old day when we had multiple day layovers, Connie would sell charters and need the manpower available, so you may have gotten a call (except on a 1 in 7) but that contributed to a lot of line displacements.
Quote: Back in the old day when we had multiple day layovers, Connie would sell charters and need the manpower available, so you may have gotten a call (except on a 1 in 7) but that contributed to a lot of line displacements.
There are times when your schedule may change...but if you are on a layover you do not have to respond. That said, most will make it happen to maintain reliability. But there is no requirement to respond. This all really started to protect our weekend layover. With 115 aircraft flying we had multiple aircraft in every state. Folks bid the city they lived in or near and spent weekends at home instead of at the hotel.
New CBA
Congratulations on the new CBA.
well done in this environment.
Two weeks in and we're already giving up CBA gains back to the company. Best part is it's through a MOU so the membership won't even vote on it.
Quote: Two weeks in and we're already giving up CBA gains back to the company. Best part is it's through a MOU so the membership won't even vote on it.
Most didn’t consider it a gain and complained about it. You are exceptionally qualified to go to FedEx. Have you considered it?
Quote: Most didn’t consider it a gain and complained about it. You are exceptionally qualified to go to FedEx. Have you considered it?
Having well rested instructors to provide us with quality instruction is a bad thing? The only people complaining are instructors as they're losing money (rightfully so). Instead of fixing the problem and increasing their earnings we are just going back to status quo. Strong work.
Quote: Two weeks in and we're already giving up CBA gains back to the company. Best part is it's through a MOU so the membership won't even vote on it.
what are you referring to?
I see an email from Jeremy about 22E. I’m not an instructor, but if I was I would consider that a giveback and want an MOU.
If there is something else please enlighten us.
You must have been typing the same time as I.
I like the 10-2 sim slots. Never felt I wasn’t getting good (Kalitta) instruction.
30  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  50 
Page 40 of 57
Go to