United diversity.......

Subscribe
35  75  81  82  83  84  85 
Page 85 of 85
Go to
Quote: Ask the people who are being turned away from the job because of their race or gender.. it's relevant to them! Many have tried for over 20 years with perfect resumes and a great attitude/personality.

How do you know they were turned away because of their race or gender and not because there was a better applicant? Or do we judge the quality of applicants exclusively based on their race and/or sex?
Quote: How do you know they were turned away because of their race or gender and not because there was a better applicant? Or do we judge the quality of applicants exclusively based on their race and/or sex?
The law is the law, and we all know that many corporations are not honest and have ways to cover their own ass at the expense of fairness to workers.
I'm not going to go back and forth with you on this, I'll just leave you with my viewpoint here. I hope all of us have great careers, and we all end up exactly where we want to be.
Quote: The law is the law, and we all know that many corporations are not honest.
I'm not going to go back and forth with you on this, I'll just leave you with my viewpoint here. I hope all of us have great careers, and we all end up exactly where we want to be.

Oh, so now corporations are “dishonest” if they don’t hire a minority or a woman over someone with better qualifications?

Racist much?
Quote: Oh, so now corporations are “dishonest” if they don’t hire a minority or a woman over someone with better qualifications?

Racist much?
Actually I do believe a corporation is racist or sexist if they pass up somebody with better qualifications and hire based on race or gender.

My entire point is that race or gender doesn't matter. Did you miss that?
Quote: Actually I do believe a corporation is racist if they pass up somebody with better qualifications and hire based on race or gender.

Unless they hire a woman or a minority, right?
Quote: Unless they hire a woman or a minority, right?
Have fun building those straw men.
Quote: Have fun building those straw men.

Right… and I’m the one that claims corporations are racist. [emoji23]

Good luck with that.
My dad was in personnel for a small company in the early 1950s. The advertisement in the newspaper was for a secretary. Must be female, single, 20-29, attractive, blond. This was normal, acceptable, and legal back then.
Quote: My dad was in personnel for a small company in the early 1950s. The advertisement in the newspaper was for a secretary. Must be female, single, 20-29, attractive, blond. This was normal, acceptable, and legal back then.
Yes and? There were a lot of other fked up things going on *70+ years ago* in the 1950s that aren't socially acceptable now. Not sure what point you're trying to make
Let's move on
35  75  81  82  83  84  85 
Page 85 of 85
Go to