Hiring Mins?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
Hi all, what are regional hiring mins now these days? I’m out of the industry right now because of medical issues but really looking forward to the day when I can get back at it. Just curious what the hiring mins are at now a days for regionals??
ATP mins are the hiring mins
Quote: ATP mins are the hiring mins
Oh really? So not much has changed since pre covid? I assume regionals are looking for at least the ATP written completed on your own dime?
Not necessarily. My theory is that they expect a hiring boom are looking for people who aren’t lcc-bait
Quote: Oh really? So not much has changed since pre covid? I assume regionals are looking for at least the ATP written completed on your own dime?
Endeavor pays a 10k bonus and the ATP written scores no points on the application or interview.
Great. Thanks for the replies.
I feel like most regionals are still working through people who had CJOs pre-covid. So, might be too early to say what “competitive mins” are.
Quote: I feel like most regionals are still working through people who had CJOs pre-covid. So, might be too early to say what “competitive mins” are.
I suspect it will be years before there is a predictable steady-state hiring environment that lasts for months without changing

for now… If you want to dance, get out on the floor
I've got a wet Commercial Single and I'm a week away from the CFI checkride. (Already have a CFI job locked in.) I'm looking to plot out my steps for the next 1200 hours of flight time. How would you prioritize the following items in importance to Regionals hiring me once I get to 1500 hours:

-Commercial Multi/MEI to build ME time
-CFII to build more XC time than basic CFI instruction
-Additional ratings like Seaplane
-Tailwheel Endorsement
-Turbine time
-Time working for a 135 or 91 operation
-Honestly, open to suggestions here. What else can I do?

Obviously I need to get to 1500 hours to be viable. I'd like to get a handle on how I can best direct my time to give me the best shot at landing a Regional FO job once I hit the minimums.
my advice would be to get to all the mins for an atp as quickly as you can and by the time you do the regionals will be hiring anyone they can. If you can get the required night and XC time instructing as a regular cfi that’s great, if you can’t get your cfii. I figure it’ll take you about 2 years to get to 1500 and your multi time depending on how much you instruct. I hated instructing so I went the 135 route and I think it made me a lot better pilot. Once you get to the regionals it doesn’t matter how you got there so long as you pass check-rides. So far as major airlines wanting people who flew 135 vs instructed I have no idea, but at a regional all qualified applicants will soon be welcomed.

Quote: I've got a wet Commercial Single and I'm a week away from the CFI checkride. (Already have a CFI job locked in.) I'm looking to plot out my steps for the next 1200 hours of flight time. How would you prioritize the following items in importance to Regionals hiring me once I get to 1500 hours:

-Commercial Multi/MEI to build ME time
-CFII to build more XC time than basic CFI instruction
-Additional ratings like Seaplane
-Tailwheel Endorsement
-Turbine time
-Time working for a 135 or 91 operation
-Honestly, open to suggestions here. What else can I do?

Obviously I need to get to 1500 hours to be viable. I'd like to get a handle on how I can best direct my time to give me the best shot at landing a Regional FO job once I hit the minimums.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to