Horizon or Skywest as a PNW local?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 5 of 5
Go to
If your goal is a major. Even if you wait for QX how long will reserve be,? how many hours will you get in a yea?. If all that maters is a PNW base. Then its ok. If flight time matters, Then go to OO where you can have both PNW and flight time. Or take Another regional and get to DL or AS asap for a SEA base…
If you come here now you’re going to the bottom of a rapidly shrinking seniority list. Losing 20ish aircraft and slowing down hiring. It looks like you’ll sit near the bottom of the list for quite some time.
Thanks. Horizon took down all but the pilot development job postings and seems to have stopped hiring so I gave up on them. I moved 3 times for a regional during the lost decade and I am not moving again, so SkyWest it is. Once my youngest is 18 in three years I will consider commuting if necessary.
Quote: Thanks. Horizon took down all but the pilot development job postings and seems to have stopped hiring so I gave up on them. I moved 3 times for a regional during the lost decade and I am not moving again, so SkyWest it is. Once my youngest is 18 in three years I will consider commuting if necessary.
While all the regionals are likely not going to be recognizable in 10 years (if they even exist at all), things are going sideways at QX with winding down Q400 ops. OO has its own problems, but as of now, things seem slightly better there. Could change tomorrow, but gotta go with what is known now.
If you care more about fast career progression, probably OO would be a better option. QX is shrinking right now.

If you care more about being based in the Pacific Northwest Horizon would probably be a better option.

I don't know how junior the OO Pacific Northwest bases are right now. You should probably ask some skywest pilots about that.
Quote: If you care more about fast career progression, probably OO would be a better option. QX is shrinking right now.

If you care more about being based in the Pacific Northwest Horizon would probably be a better option.

I don't know how junior the OO Pacific Northwest bases are right now. You should probably ask some skywest pilots about that.

People are getting SEA out of training on the 175 @OO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you have over 850 hours of 121 time OO will likely guarantee you base of choice as a near DEC.

https://www.skywest.com/skywest-airl...entry-captain/
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 5 of 5
Go to