DL Hiring: New Process

Subscribe
216  266  306  312  313  314  315  316  317  318  319  320  326  366  416 
Page 316 of 508
Go to
Quote: Will you be invited to interview if you do not have 100 hours in the last year or is that like an insurance thing?

I’ve got the application filled out and will update it once I hit the 100 hour mark again at the ULCC I’m at. Just wondering if it is an accurate assessment on my part that I will not hear anything until I can show the 100 hour recency requirement?
Not really a hard requirement. Just helps as they know recency flying helps in the training portion.
I likely know the answer to this question, but, I'm with 5Y on the 747 at 2,400 total time and ~710 turbine hours. Are the 1,000 hours of turbine a hard minimum or have there been individuals, other than mil pilots, that have made it through with less? I plan to attend WAI in February, but if it's a hard minimum, should I even bother?
Quote: I likely know the answer to this question, but, I'm with 5Y on the 747 at 2,400 total time and ~710 turbine hours. Are the 1,000 hours of turbine a hard minimum or have there been individuals, other than mil pilots, that have made it through with less? I plan to attend WAI in February, but if it's a hard minimum, should I even bother?
I also would like to know the answer to this. I'm a USAF pilot currently at an LCC. I would say on every other metric I'm competitive but half of my turbine time was rotor so I'm a little short of the 1000 FW turbine requirement. Are MIL guys getting picked up without the FW turbine or will they count other turbine time? Or is it a complete non-starter till you have all the FW?
Quote: I also would like to know the answer to this. I'm a USAF pilot currently at an LCC. I would say on every other metric I'm competitive but half of my turbine time was rotor so I'm a little short of the 1000 FW turbine requirement. Are MIL guys getting picked up without the FW turbine or will they count other turbine time? Or is it a complete non-starter till you have all the FW?
Send a message on FB to the pilot hiring team. I hear they are very helpful, and beats anyone on here guessing.
Quote: What are the chances of getting hired with only 1200 hours (1,000 heavy/multi-engine) as a military reservist? I know my time is low compared to most...but I am hearing rumors that airlines are hiring Guard/Reserve guys at 750 now. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Apply, I think your chances are good.
Assessment results
Is there anyone here who took the assessment test last week and has already received the results?
Has pilot selection been sending out the assessment invite over the holidays? I received a fix it email a couple weeks ago but radio silence since. Just wanted to see if I got my hopes up too soon or if other people have not been hearing from them either. Thanks!
Quote: Has pilot selection been sending out the assessment invite over the holidays? I received a fix it email a couple weeks ago but radio silence since. Just wanted to see if I got my hopes up too soon or if other people have not been hearing from them either. Thanks!
Same boat. Received fix it 12/16 and fixed the same day. Seems as if assessments go out on Monday's. With the past two being holidays I’m sure pilot selection has been out of office. Hoping it comes soon!
I guess in reference to the guys who asked above.. does anyone know of new hires with less than 1000 turbine?
Quote: Has pilot selection been sending out the assessment invite over the holidays? I received a fix it email a couple weeks ago but radio silence since. Just wanted to see if I got my hopes up too soon or if other people have not been hearing from them either. Thanks!
A buddy I flew with years ago just got his email Monday, so they are going out.

He got a fix it rigt before Thanksgiving for point of reference
216  266  306  312  313  314  315  316  317  318  319  320  326  366  416 
Page 316 of 508
Go to