DL Hiring: New Process

Subscribe
28  68  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  88  128  178 
Page 78 of 507
Go to
I used Centerline Interview Consulting. I thought Keith was great. I did Cut-E too. Ultimately, I legitimately felt that the HR portion was comfortable and non-combative. Everyone was very nice throughout the entire process and put nerves at ease as best they could. If you haven't done any interviewing recently, I recommend at least finding the latest ride reports. If you don't have anyone to give you that gouge, then one of the main interview prep companies is sure to offer them up for a price. Emerald and RST are definitely the majority stakeholders from the other guys I talked to in my interview class...can't go wrong there as long as you don't give them scripted/canned responses.

23 AUG invitation email; took assessment 28 Aug, Invited to interview 31 Aug: Called to scheduled on the 1st of September, Interview 23 Sep (CJO!), still awaiting class start.

Cheers!
I used RST one on one HR prep service, which includes four 1 hour prep sessions. You have to specifically select this option, it isn't the standard service. I can't recommend it enough, although I don't have experience with the other companies available.

You have the ability to book, change, and cancel your sessions online. I experienced outstanding customer support throughout the whole process. The service, criticism, and advice couldn't have been more personalized. I gained so much more than I had expected going into it.
Training Footprint
I searched the forums, but could not find any recent information, so if somebody could answer the questions below that would be great.

What is a typical training footprint indoc to IOE?
Is the training AQP for all fleets or traditional 121?
How many simulator sessions before the checkride?
I understand that you get a positive space home whenever you get 2 days off, so realistically what is the longest period of time you might have to be away from home at once during training?

Thanks!
Quote: I searched the forums, but could not find any recent information, so if somebody could answer the questions below that would be great.

What is a typical training footprint indoc to IOE?
Is the training AQP for all fleets or traditional 121?
How many simulator sessions before the checkride?
I understand that you get a positive space home whenever you get 2 days off, so realistically what is the longest period of time you might have to be away from home at once during training?

Thanks!
Indoc Tuesday to following Wednesday.

Min 7 days off between Indoc and IQ. (Edit to add that it could be a few weeks)

IQ 4 weeks (all fleets AQP) with a 5 on, 2 off pattern…might get lucky and get 3 days off for one of the breaks. 200/300/400 block of IQ are mix of non motion and motion sims…should get approx 15’ish “sims”

30hrs rest minimum after last sim (LOE checkride) before starting IOE. (Edit to add that depending on fleet, could wait weeks to start IOE)
Quote: Indoc Tuesday to following Wednesday.

Min 7 days off between Indoc and IQ.

IQ 4 weeks (all fleets AQP) with a 5 on, 2 off pattern…might get lucky and get 3 days off for one of the breaks. 200/300/400 block of IQ are mix of non motion and motion sims…should get approx 15’ish “sims”

30hrs rest minimum after last sim (LOE checkride) before starting IOE.
This is pretty much it. The biggest variable is the break between indoc and the start of IQ (initial qualification) training. When I was hired that was between 1-3.5 weeks depending on fleet and in-class seniority (senior people go first). Hopefully some of the more recent hires can chime in with how long that break is running right now.
Thank you guys!

Does positive space home apply to more than 2 days off or exactly 2 days as well?
The 4-week IQ includes both systems class followed by Systems Validation then simulators?
Quote: Thank you guys!

Does positive space home apply to more than 2 days off or exactly 2 days as well?
The 4-week IQ includes both systems class followed by Systems Validation then simulators?

I believe it’s 48 hours off and you can book tickets home
No one is going to check within the 48 hours with thousands using company business for positive space commute. Go home and take a break from Virginia Ave when presented the chance.
Logbooks
Got my interview invite email today! I do have one question for anyone who did the interview recently. They want our log books and it says "originals only". Would a print out of my totals suffice from my e-log book with the originals accompanying only for original endorsements be acceptable?
Quote: Thank you guys!

48hrs or greater you can PS home.

You do hike study between Indoc and IQ…take the SYS VAL on day 1, but it’s open book so you can search Aerodocs on your iPad.
28  68  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  88  128  178 
Page 78 of 507
Go to