Assaulting Flight Attendants

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 11
Go to
Mandatory death penalty for all who dare defy the skyqueens
Nobody deserves to be assaulted, clearly. But I cringe when I hear some FAs go "above and beyond" to talk down to pax about mask usage.

Just make the canned PA and go from there for non compliance. Hearing some ad lib their own lecture, to grown a$$ paying passengers, is definitely not preemptively deescalating a potential issue once airborne
Agreed! Anyone who thinks this is completely on the pax is naive. I am NOT saying there is an excuse for assault, but if a FA picks a fight, they should be held JOINTLY responsible. 99% seem to get it, that 1% though..... I was in the back on an EMPTY trans-pacific flight and scolded by a FA for not being FAST ENOUGH to replace the mask BETWEEN BITES of food. It's not that I wasn't replacing it, but it I wasn't fast enough. Did I mention I was one of only 3 seated in the whole section? I have never been treated so rudely by a stranger in my entire life. I didn't give her a fight, but I am not at all surprised that there are people out there that would.
Quote: Nobody deserves to be assaulted, clearly. But I cringe when I hear some FAs go "above and beyond" to talk down to pax about mask usage.

Just make the canned PA and go from there for non compliance. Hearing some ad lib their own lecture, to grown a$$ paying passengers, is definitely not preemptively deescalating a potential issue once airborne
I've heard some merciless public shaming from the gate agents at SWA on the PA as well. Like singling customers out lol. I'm sure it's every carrier, but I've just experienced some jaw dropping moments with SWA this year.
Quote: Agreed! Anyone who thinks this is completely on the pax is naive. I am NOT saying there is an excuse for assault, but if a FA picks a fight, they should be held JOINTLY responsible. 99% seem to get it, that 1% though..... I was in the back on an EMPTY trans-pacific flight and scolded by a FA for not being FAST ENOUGH to replace the mask BETWEEN BITES of food. It's not that I wasn't replacing it, but it I wasn't fast enough. Did I mention I was one of only 3 seated in the whole section? I have never been treated so rudely by a stranger in my entire life. I didn't give her a fight, but I am not at all surprised that there are people out there that would.
sorry to hear that. I brief my F/A’s to stick to the script. Hand out the warning cards, and call me if there’s still a problem. They are not enforcers, they’re informers. Sadly, some like the confrontational aspect. That’s when being a pro active Captain can come in handy.
Quote: I've heard some merciless public shaming from the gate agents at SWA on the PA as well. Like singling customers out lol. I'm sure it's every carrier, but I've just experienced some jaw dropping moments with SWA this year.
No it’s just SWA gate agents, I recently took 2 flights (round trip, vacation) and was shocked as well. Working for SkyWest I’ve only seen it from the 4 legacy carriers we contract fly for, but I’ve mostly been around the Delta system. It’s usually always extremely professional with some condescending responses to a customer, not so other customers can hear.

I was heading back to Minneapolis and the board had two separate destinations at the gate, I think the other was Oakland. So naturally passengers are confirming the destination as they scan their tickets and the gate agent was yelling for all to hear the most smart ass statements back. Of course some poor guy naturally was going to Oakland and almost got on the wrong damn flight, as he’s panicking and running away to his actual gate the agent throws out one last smart ass remark to the panicking customer (something close to, “you better run faster than that big boy”), nice lol, the other customers weren’t laughing btw.

Honestly I was shocked by the whole scene, but I’ll most certainly be flying SWA again. The boarding process is absolutely bizarre, but everything else was great, and I’m cheap.
Quote: They are not enforcers, they’re informers.
A licky boom boom down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah I don't get why some want to make the job so much harder than it is. I agree that the captains need to show leadership and set the expectations, at least until we get over these tense times.
Quote: you're wrong since none of this stuff was as bad as it became when the mask nazis got their way.
Exactly. The masks are a major catalyst for violence in the cabin.
Quote: Mandatory death penalty for all who dare defy the skyqueens
Damn this place really needs a like button.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 11
Go to