Kalitta vs. Atlas

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 3 of 6
Go to
Quote: What happened last time UPS bought an airline? For you youngsters search UPS Challenge Air Cargo.
UPS bought the assets and kicked the pilots to the curb. Be careful what you wish for. Business decisions do not involve the hopes & dreams of pilots.
Connie will not sell K4 and if Doug is heir, Doug def will not sell it! So whatever happens better happen on Connies watch. Connie is the last of the mohicans.
Quote: What happened last time UPS bought an airline? For you youngsters search UPS Challenge Air Cargo.
re-read what I said there……
Quote: re-read what I said there……
Did. I caught your sarcasm the first time. What am I missing? A large percentage of pilots on here have never heard of Challenge Air Cargo and assume being bought by someone like UPS is a path to riches.
True to include our folks and others hoping Amazon will scoop them up. Definitely not a good move as Bezos doesn’t do unions nor take prisoners. Low cost low yield but by mass quantities and low pay. If paid well, you are working your tail off and earning every penny. Fine by some, not by me.
Quote: Did. I caught your sarcasm the first time. What am I missing? A large percentage of pilots on here have never heard of Challenge Air Cargo and assume being bought by someone like UPS is a path to riches.
Well I said that Connie was going to buy UPS. It was a joke.
Did Atlas just get a new contract that isn’t published yet? I heard about it this morning in LAX.

Guy was an Atlas pilot, but he seemed vague on the details. I asked him about retirement and he said, “yes, much improved”. He said they have changed training pay for the better but didn’t know the details.

It was early, but the terminal was packed. He seemed excited though.

Corporate has been fun, but man, a schedule and good retirement?
Quote: Did Atlas just get a new contract that isn’t published yet? I heard about it this morning in LAX.

Guy was an Atlas pilot, but he seemed vague on the details. I asked him about retirement and he said, “yes, much improved”. He said they have changed training pay for the better but didn’t know the details.

It was early, but the terminal was packed. He seemed excited though.

Corporate has been fun, but man, a schedule and good retirement?
Retirement is now a 100% match up to 10%, and 2% direct contribution. So, If you put in nothing towards your retirement, the company will put in 2%. If you put in 10%, the company puts in 12%
Training pay has been eliminated. New hires now receive minimum guarantee starting on day 1.
In addition, some decent enhancements to the Long Term Disability. Line Guarantee - If you are a line holder and do not adjust your schedule (sick, conflict bidding using training dates, etc) your awarded bid payout of crt/credit hours will be paid regardless of any schedule changes that might occur. Any issues arise on your part then you can expect min guarantee. Keeps your expected pay and your line quite a bit more intact. Not true for everyone, but it has for me and when changes occurred it became more profitable.
Quote: In addition, some decent enhancements to the Long Term Disability.
“Some decent enhancements”? You’re way off. We didn’t even have LTD before. We had STD with a 1 year buy up to make it 3 years. They called that LTD but there is nothing LONG about 3 years. Calling it “some decent enhancements” is extremely disingenuous.

We haven’t seen the details…but if it’s as described by the union, it’s an industry standard LTD to 65 with 60% salary to $10k/mo limit with buy up available to make it $15k/mo.

It’s a small step forward for the company but a VERY significant item for crews. It’s definitely not enough to stop the hemorrhaging of pilots as we can see by our class sizes this past week…but it’s a start. Will they see that and come back to negotiations? Time will tell.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 3 of 6
Go to