More Reasons

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to
Quote: Section 3 of the GOM

Divert = Fuel to destination + furthest alternate + 45 minutes (1800 lbs)

Final Divert = Fuel to destination + furthest alternate + 30 minutes (1206 lbs)

If you are going to land with less than 1800 lbs, declare “min fuel”.

If you are going to land with less than 1206 lbs,
declare “Emergency Fuel”.
Why are y'all dipping that far into your reserves anyway?
Quote: I think you missed the point of the question there, ace. Aren't the two different numbers there in the 1st place because pilots were diverting to alternates when on short final at their destination? Kinda like the memo that management sent you guys telling you not to lick the suction cups to attach the window shades. When a company pays $hit wages and has matching work rules, there does tend to be a decline in the quality of applicants that are attracted.
I’ll make it simple for you “Ace”.

At what point are you going to declare min fuel, and then at what point would you declare a fuel emergency?

I’ll give you a hint, the dispatch release provides these numbers already.
Quote: I think you missed the point of the question there, ace. Aren't the two different numbers there in the 1st place because pilots were diverting to alternates when on short final at their destination? Kinda like the memo that management sent you guys telling you not to lick the suction cups to attach the window shades. When a company pays $hit wages and has matching work rules, there does tend to be a decline in the quality of applicants that are attracted.
I don't believe it was "Pilots". It was one pilot that did it at least twice because she was following the book and it stated to divert if the divert fuel number was reached during the Dash days. So the company changed the book to allow someone on final to continue the approach below divert fuel but they should never go below final divert fuel.
Quote: Why are y'all dipping that far into your reserves anyway?
Better question is why reinvent the wheel with these ridiculous terms called “divert” and “final divert”?
Quote: Better question is why reinvent the wheel with these ridiculous terms called “divert” and “final divert”?
Right? Are the minutes before closing the door before departure known as the “final countdown” ?

is the farthest alternate the “final destination”?

could have a lot of fun with all these terms…
Quote: I don't believe it was "Pilots". It was one pilot that did it at least twice because she was following the book and it stated to divert if the divert fuel number was reached during the Dash days. So the company changed the book to allow someone on final to continue the approach below divert fuel but they should never go below final divert fuel.
It's worth mentioning that CommutAir is not the only airline with procedures designed to enforce common sense due to some event that happened in the past.

There are plenty of reasonable complaints to make about this place. Focusing on this one seems rather silly.

Training continues to get better. Paper weight and balance is gone at the end of the month. I still see Mesa guys standing at printers getting released while I get mine on an iPad. There are worse airlines to work for, just not very many.
Quote: It's worth mentioning that CommutAir is not the only airline with procedures designed to enforce common sense due to some event that happened in the past.

There are plenty of reasonable complaints to make about this place. Focusing on this one seems rather silly.

Training continues to get better. Paper weight and balance is gone at the end of the month. I still see Mesa guys standing at printers getting released while I get mine on an iPad. There are worse airlines to work for, just not very many.
Wait, what do you mean about paper weight and balance?
Surely each flight isn’t manually computed?
Quote: Wait, what do you mean about paper weight and balance?
Quote: Wait, what do you mean about paper weight and balance?
Paper has been gone for a while. It has been via acars for years.

Unfortunately, there is one dumb butt at corporate that does not want to part ways with the 1970's. If it is not his idea, then it won't work and is immediately shot down.
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to