Jet Blue [Go Around] in EWR on Friday, Apr 23

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Neighbor was on Flight 1912 from Ft Myers to Newark yesterday (Apr 22) and experienced a crazy last 10 minutes. The flight had to reject a landing very close to the runway because an airplane was on the runway. The B6 crew rotated "more than ever been before" noted my neighbor--and then pushed back over a few seconds later. The maneuver was so abrupt that numerous passengers began a puke chain through the cabin.

Anyone have the details on what aircraft was on the ground? Was it taking off?? Was it crossing the active???

Kudos to the B6 crew for avoiding a catastrophe.
A Cessna had reported moderate chop and they were trying to avoid that.

Yes good job by the crew. I think the mayor of New York is going to hold them a tickertape parade for their heroic airmanship...I mean air-mission ship
Thought the better of commenting
Quote: Neighbor was on Flight 1912 from Ft Myers to Newark yesterday (Apr 22) and experienced a crazy last 10 minutes. The flight had to reject a landing very close to the runway because an airplane was on the runway. The B6 crew rotated "more than ever been before" noted my neighbor--and then pushed back over a few seconds later. The maneuver was so abrupt that numerous passengers began a puke chain through the cabin.

Anyone have the details on what aircraft was on the ground? Was it taking off?? Was it crossing the active???

Kudos to the B6 crew for avoiding a catastrophe.
neighbor stories are always made worse
TOGA on relatively light airplane to 20° nose up, 3000fpm climb, level off at 2000’ per ATC. Yeah, it’s not gonna feel normal.
No idea what happened tho.
Story: Airplane pulled out onto the runway in front of landing plane, crew almost over G’d the jet rotating, crew did a negative 2 G pushover, and passengers all almost died.

Most likely scenario: Previous landing plane didn’t quite clear the runway, crew did a go-around with the autopilot engaged, crew went around the pattern and landed normally, and the passengers got to the gate 10 min late.
Quote: TOGA on relatively light airplane to 20° nose up, 3000fpm climb, level off at 2000’ per ATC. Yeah, it’s not gonna feel normal.
No idea what happened tho.
Yep.

Uneducated guess: previous landing aircraft didn't clear the runway in a timely manner.
EWR lands on the outside runway and departs on the inside runway in normal operations so it seems unlikely that a plane accidentally wandered onto the landing runway.

Again, uneducated guess.

Edit: took too long to post; PSU flyer beat me to it.
Thread title should be changed, or deleted altogether.
Quote: air-mission ship
I’ll give you one point for that.
Quote: I’ll give you one point for that.

Stuffer
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to