Retirement age 67

Subscribe
18  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  38 
Page 28 of 40
Go to
The absurdity of 65.
Talk about absurdity. You hit 65 and and are perfectly safe. 65 and 1 day your a total disaster waiting to happen drooling all over the place not sure of where you are. REALLY ? C'mon man get real LOL 😆
Quote: Kids scarcely out of HS flattened a Reich & sank a rising sun. With adequate oversight of course they can be qualified to operate advanced airliners in number quickly enough to address the issue. Lucky them. According to its secretary this week, the DOT backs no change on age policy.
For the most part, they don't need babysitting. The percentages requiring additional supervision is pretty constant across all age groups.
In my opinion, this will never happen. Lindsey Graham was "looking at this" whatever that means. Check the news, nothing since and no bills/legislation introduced. News flash, the rest of Congress has to approve. Well, it has to be introduced first, which, has not happened.

back to regular programming. If you are 64.8 years old and flying for the airlines, you can skip the plan to hit age 65, become a sim instructor in the training center, "retain your seniority number", and return to the line once this passes.

Sorry boys.

My opinion
Quote: In my opinion, this will never happen. Lindsey Graham was "looking at this" whatever that means. Check the news, nothing since and no bills/legislation introduced. News flash, the rest of Congress has to approve. Well, it has to be introduced first, which, has not happened.
You mean this “Count me Out” guy?

Quote: Kids scarcely out of HS flattened a Reich & sank a rising sun. With adequate oversight of course they can be qualified to operate advanced airliners in number quickly enough to address the issue. Lucky them. According to its secretary this week, the DOT backs no change on age policy.
I watched the interview. Buttigeig doesn’t say yes or no. Classic non answer. What he says is at this point he’s seen no evidence of extending the age won’t be a risk.
My sense is that will change and if the govt determines Age 67 will help with the pilot shortage they will change it without a thought
Same for dropping the entry level from
1500hrs- 750hrs.
Last time, it basically happened overnight.
ALPA quickly changed its stance so it could affect the legislatation
Quote: I watched the interview. Buttigeig doesn’t say yes or no. Classic non answer. What he says is at this point he’s seen no evidence of extending the age won’t be a risk.
My sense is that will change and if the govt determines Age 67 will help with the pilot shortage they will change it without a thought
Same for dropping the entry level from
1500hrs- 750hrs.
Last time, it basically happened overnight.
ALPA quickly changed its stance so it could affect the legislatation
Nothing in transportation comes without risk except filthy pants. I understood him to indicate no call for change at this time. Some not yet 60 aren't what they used to be. Could others pass muster +65, absolutely. Checking events and Class 1 renewals are snapshots. Where's a matrix for line performance with respect to assignment rigor over age, haven't seen one. Sat out in a parking lot in front of a med plaza waiting for an eye exam last Wednesday. Parade of the infirm.

Did some of these posts go bye-bye? I'm so cornfused.
Quote: Remember older guys babysit the younger ones. That's the definition of " babysitting" and I've done plenty of that thank you. All for age 67/68. Not just an ALPA talking point stooge I can actually think with my own brain.
My guess is you’re the type who thinks that ‘mentor’ and ‘micromanager’ are synonyms and when your FO points out that you’re below the bravo you tell them that it’s cool to do 250 because ‘it’s what they expect’.
Quote: Remember older guys babysit the younger ones. That's the definition of " babysitting" and I've done plenty of that thank you. All for age 67/68. Not just an ALPA talking point stooge I can actually think with my own brain.
I catch you “studying the overhead panel” after age 65 and you have two options: you retire or I drop a picture of you catching your zzzzzzz’s off in the chief’s office.

Your call, gramps.
Quote: Talk about absurdity. You hit 65 and and are perfectly safe. 65 and 1 day your a total disaster waiting to happen drooling all over the place not sure of where you are. REALLY ? C'mon man get real LOL 😆
Go away boomer. Your greed has wrecked America.
Quote: I catch you “studying the overhead panel” after age 65 and you have two options: you retire or I drop a picture of you catching your zzzzzzz’s off in the chief’s office.

Your call, gramps.
HA!
Easily denied….just say you edited the picture
I bet you’re fun to fly with
18  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  38 
Page 28 of 40
Go to