DAL Check airman pay?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to
Quote: Honest question: why do people say this? LCA’s green slip regularly in my 737 category.
Once OE is assigned to a trip there's no swaps or drops. A full schedule means little availability.
Quote: 3426458[/url]]Why are you starting this thread on every airlines forum on here?
Don’t you think it would be a great idea to know what other airlines have so we at United can make a good decision on our TA? You know raise the bar and all?
Quote: Don’t you think it would be a great idea to know what other airlines have so we at United can make a good decision on our TA? You know raise the bar and all?
Or why does TF feel the need to go through OP's post history for such a benign question?
Quote: Honest question: why do people say this? LCA’s green slip regularly in my 737 category.
Senior pilots that are not LCA drop, and swap into easier trips that allow more time to greenslip. When they see days that are short staffed they hold out for greenslips. LCA can greenslip but have much less flexibility and are probably too fatigued to greenslip after 4 days of new hire IOE.
If no one can drop trips due to capped RES days, it shouldn't matter. Bid min credit and wait for GS's. Unless OE planners are allowed to put trips on your schedule, then yeah, you'd be losing out on GS's.

Not to mention all that talking.
Quote: If no one can drop trips due to capped RES days, it shouldn't matter. Bid min credit and wait for GS's. Unless OE planners are allowed to put trips on your schedule, then yeah, you'd be losing out on GS's.

Not to mention all that talking.
LCA's have a small window after their schedule is released to make adjustments via OT, swappers, etc. Then they tell OE planners its good to go and from that point on, OE planners starts throwing training onto the lines and the ability to swap/drop is essentially gone.
Quote: Why are you starting this thread on every airlines forum on here?

Two forums - AA and DAL - is every forum on APC?

I started this thread on AA and DAL because I want to know how much AA and DAL Check Airman earn - I thought that would be self explanatory.
Quote: Two forums - AA and DAL - is every forum on APC?

I started this thread on AA and DAL because I want to know how much AA and DAL Check Airman earn - I thought that would be self explanatory.
You are fine and it's a valid question to ask, and totally normal to ask in two forums.

They are practically begging for instructors these days. I heard on the 330 they did a blast email to all the CAs, including those with only a few months until retirement asking if they wanted to apply to be LCPs. So not enough.

Once a LCP flies (flys?) above the 85 percentile of all LCPs they get a 30 percent override of the A350 (~$106?) rate. I believe you might need to do on average 50-60 hrs of LCP duties in a month to hit that higher threshold.
Quote: You are fine and it's a valid question to ask, and totally normal to ask in two forums.

They are practically begging for instructors these days. I heard on the 330 they did a blast email to all the CAs, including those with only a few months until retirement asking if they wanted to apply to be LCPs. So not enough.

Once a LCP flies (flys?) above the 85 percentile of all LCPs they get a 30 percent override of the A350 (~$106?) rate. I believe you might need to do on average 50-60 hrs of LCP duties in a month to hit that higher threshold.
same on the A220.
Quote: You are fine and it's a valid question to ask, and totally normal to ask in two forums.

Problem with that is our LCP pay is based on block time. So on a 717, a 21 hour 4 day with 15 legs may only block 14 hours. Override on 14 hours for significantly more work is a tough sell.

As for guys dropping and swapping when they're senior...I'm genuinely curious who has coverage, and who doesn't know how to bid. Bid right the first time and you won't have to swap.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to