Jumpseating on Pax Carriers - First Class?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
Quote: Bring cookies baked at a real bakery (not some supermarket crap).

Works everytime....

TSD
Or chocolates ( Good, high quality individually wrapped ) anolg with the self introduction to the lead FA and an offer to help if they have any trouble (stuck galley doors, overhead bin stuffing, unruley passengers, etc,) usually gets lots of points, too.
I only think that I have sat in coach with an open seat in first once or twice, if it is open, I get a seat in first (however, where I jump, first is normaly full). I have started in coach and have been moved to first a few times, but if they know that they have open seats up there, I have been assigned quite a few times. Like previously said, be very friendly, and offer to the FA any help they may need.

Here is a question to all the jumpseaters out here. I am always the last one onto the plane, but do you wait to be the last off the plane as well? I usualy wait for the CA to open the door so that I can thank him for the ride, but what do you do?
Shaun, If there is no hurry, I usually wait until everyone leaves unless I am in first class, then I feel I am in the way. Another must is, always fold your seatbelt and make sure you area is clean when you leave.
Quote: When I commuted the one airline I always got first on was US Airways. They were always great, as was Northwest. Forget first on CAL and AA. I did get it occasionally on Delta but it was pretty rare.
JS F/C is against CAL policy. Never seen it happen. Been @ CAL 2years.
On domestic flights Northwest is upgrading everyone with any status to first so I rarely ever see an empty seat up there on any flight and I travel quite often. Don't count on non-reving up front on NWA.
Quote: JS F/C is against CAL policy. Never seen it happen. Been @ CAL 2years.
several years ago i commuted to JFK twice a week for two years on CAL, DAL, TWA, USair (lga), AA (lga), and Jet blue. I never sat in couch if First was available. I was always offered the first class seat. but like i said that was several years ago and i was always gracious and understood they were giving me a professional courtesy. All the aforementioned edict rules are highly recommended.
Quote: On domestic flights Northwest is upgrading everyone with any status to first so I rarely ever see an empty seat up there on any flight and I travel quite often. Don't count on non-reving up front on NWA.
Same with Alaska.
Quote: JS F/C is against CAL policy. Never seen it happen. Been @ CAL 2years.
Even if coach is full?
Quote: Good luck on AA. I've been on their flights many times with first open and they didn't even let their own guys sit up there.
No kidding. I was about to write the same thing.
us air is always friendly in 1st
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to