Atlas to be sold? Hmmm...

Subscribe
5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  19 
Page 9 of 37
Go to
Quote: I’m not sure. Why didn’t they purchase Titan then? Purchasing an airline with 767/747s with an average airframe age of 20+ years is very short sighted if you’re thinking of turning it into aircraft leasing. The value of Atlas Air as we know has tripled since the pandemic, so I just don’t see such a large bid for it to turn it away from what it actually does right. Time will tell
No-one offers 52% premium over trading if they plan to shrink us.
Quote: No-one offers 52% premium over trading if they plan to shrink us.

Exactly my point. It has always been about shareholders and now that they’re handsomely paid and gone, risks can be taken to grow this place
Quote: Exactly my point. It has always been about shareholders and now that they’re handsomely paid and gone, risks can be taken to grow this place
No offense, who will it be for then?
Someone has a plan, you don’t buy anything without a plan.
Quote: No offense, who will it be for then?
I would suspect that the idea is that, as a privately held company, the owners are free to pursue a long-term vision without worrying about answering to investors every quarter. Whether or not that materializes remains to be seen.
Quote: No offense, who will it be for then?
The owners now since Atlas Air will be taken private.
Given our track record, it’s easy to look at things more as a pessimist than an optimist. Think like an investor; someone has seen Atlas Air’s potential as a cash cow and has moved quick to undertake it. I still stand by my opinion that no one really wants to add aging fleets to their portfolio, so the idea that we will become a leasing arm just doesn’t hold much logic. As someone previously mentioned; there is no executive round table to please every quarter anymore.

We can’t compare Jetblue to Atlas, but Spirit is the cash cow, with plenty of new birds on order and a very large market share. The plan (at least in JetBlue’s eyes) is to introduce a 4th major airline with an improved product (all subject to final approval of course).

I hope for all of us, we go that direction.
Quote: I’m not sure. Why didn’t they purchase Titan then? Purchasing an airline with 767/747s with an average airframe age of 20+ years is very short sighted if you’re thinking of turning it into aircraft leasing. The value of Atlas Air as we know has tripled since the pandemic, so I just don’t see such a large bid for it to turn it away from what it actually does right. Time will tell
They did purchase Titan - its a subsidiary of AAWW!
Quote: They did purchase Titan - its a subsidiary of AAWW!

You are correct. Initial email a few days ago mentioned only “Atlas Air”, whereas today it clearly mentions “Atlas Air Worldwide”
It's a stock buyout. There is no Atlas Air stock, only Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings.
From a Hill City Capital insider:

The plan is to fragment the airline, breaking into two airlines and profit off the sales of each individual airline once restructured. Needs to go private to get done outside shareholder approval.
Amazon is taking 737, 767, 777s and the remaining 747s will be restructured back into the old Atlas Air model.
Amazon wants their own airline without the Teamsters Union and without the high pay scales, they want all pilots starting on year one pay, all pilots brought on Amazon property will need to apply.
Talks of strong union members being denied. From my understanding a large social media campaign researching the pilot group has already been implemented to weed out strong union supporters.
5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  19 
Page 9 of 37
Go to