Does Frontier have a safety issue?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 10
Go to
I don’t get what the big deal with ties is here, find a black tie you like and wear it. I’ve had the same kind for 8 years, never been an issue.
Quote: I took a look through the CBA and Emp Handbook but couldn’t find it, mind sharing where it is mentioned? I don’t wanna be rocking that sweet tie as a probie without evidence lol.
Same. The only “approved vendor” I saw was M&H.
Quote: I took a look through the CBA and Emp Handbook but couldn’t find it, mind sharing where it is mentioned? I don’t wanna be rocking that sweet tie as a probie without evidence lol.
It says striped tie in Vol 1. And it must be purchased from approved vendor.
Quote: The striped tie looks so much nicer than the cheap @ss standard black one.
^^^^This^^^^
The striped tie has been around for years here! I’m just excited I finally got one coming my way. I’ve had all I take of that ol black tie look.
I’m going to have to do some digging, because I just looked again and couldn’t find it anywhere either. I had an FO show it to me quite awhile back during a conversation about the ties and this particular CP. It referenced ACA being an approved vendor for both shirts and ties. I’m wondering if it has since been taken out.

Unfortunately, the “approved vendor” for the striped ties currently listed in VOL 1 is Corsair, the (now out of business) company that made the original striped ties.

Until I can find the reference I’ll have to retract my statement for now. It wouldn’t shock me is “someone” put up a fit and the reference was removed. That said, I’ve been wearing the unapproved striped tie for years, both from TheTieBar when they made it and now ACA (both are identical) and nobody has ever said a thing. I’ve been line checked, as well as spoken face to face with chief pilots while wearing it, and nobody has ever cared. I wouldn’t be too concerned about wearing it - I’d venture to guess that 50% of the pilots I see are wearing one. Probationary pilots have done some really dumb, aircraft damaging stuff here and have remained employed with “focus training”. Nobody is going to can you over a tie. Dressing like a slob is a far worse offense. Honestly, unless you are Denver based, you’ll be lucky if you see the CP in question once every couple of years. That said, I understand and respect your dedication to even the smallest rules while on probation.
Quote: I’m going to have to do some digging, because I just looked again and couldn’t find it anywhere either. I had an FO show it to me quite awhile back during a conversation about the ties and this particular CP. It referenced ACA being an approved vendor for both shirts and ties. I’m wondering if it has since been taken out.

Unfortunately, the “approved vendor” for the striped ties currently listed in VOL 1 is Corsair, the (now out of business) company that made the original striped ties.

Until I can find the reference I’ll have to retract my statement for now. It wouldn’t shock me is “someone” put up a fit and the reference was removed. That said, I’ve been wearing the unapproved striped tie for years, both from TheTieBar when they made it and now ACA (both are identical) and nobody has ever said a thing. I’ve been line checked, as well as spoken face to face with chief pilots while wearing it, and nobody has ever cared. I wouldn’t be too concerned about wearing it - I’d venture to guess that 50% of the pilots I see are wearing one. Probationary pilots have done some really dumb, aircraft damaging stuff here and have remained employed with “focus training”. Nobody is going to can you over a tie. Dressing like a slob is a far worse offense. Honestly, unless you are Denver based, you’ll be lucky if you see the CP in question once every couple of years. That said, I understand and respect your dedication to even the smallest rules while on probation.
I hear ya and thank you for the reassurance. The CP made a big stink about the striped tie in our class. She specifically said M&H is the only provider in the contract and if we could get our hands on an original M&H tie it’s fine but ANY other striped tie is a violation.

She even showed a picture of the two only guys at the company who are “allowed” to wear the tie because they have the original one or whatever.
Quote: I hear ya and thank you for the reassurance. The CP made a big stink about the striped tie in our class. She specifically said M&H is the only provider in the contract and if we could get our hands on an original M&H tie it’s fine but ANY other striped tie is a violation.

She even showed a picture of the two only guys at the company who are “allowed” to wear the tie because they have the original one or whatever.
This why the people who seek power should never be given it.
You guys are like what we used to call pingers. Pinging off the walls about this tie thing. All while the ship your getting on is sinking. There will be plenty of opportunity for you to give your finger to the management here. Just saying…
Quote: I didn't know it was "overruns" plural, or about the weight and balance issue. I guess that's why we are back to manual counts. 20K? I wonder how that happened. MSY was heart breaking. The way things are run on the ramp by these different companies is seemingly "out of sight, out of mind" for management and that incident was actually not a surprise when I read about it in the news. I imagine they wanted to promote the DEN base chief to CPO and the FAA said no? There was a rumor that SC was going to become a new member of upper management and I was concerned she would be installed in his place. That would drive attrition to new heights.
Supposedly JO for CP
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 10
Go to